Moto X parts responsible for wifi/bluetooth functionality

Horkonaut

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I dropped my Moto X (out of warranty) on some hard tile and broke a few things. Using some online guides, I was able to open the phone up and reseat some connectors that had been jiggled so most functionality is working again. However, the phone cannot connect with wifi nor bluetooth. Is the wifi/bluetooth functionality part of a modular part that can be replaced on the phone? Or is it a chip on the motherboard?

Thanks for reading.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I dropped my Moto X (out of warranty) on some hard tile and broke a few things. Using some online guides, I was able to open the phone up and reseat some connectors that had been jiggled so most functionality is working again. However, the phone cannot connect with wifi nor bluetooth. Is the wifi/bluetooth functionality part of a modular part that can be replaced on the phone? Or is it a chip on the motherboard?

Thanks for reading.

The Moto X uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC which includes the LTE/3G modem, WiFi radio and Bluetooth radio. So it's not even its own chip on the motherboard, it's part of the processor.

I would check the connections on the antenna, but that's about all you can do.

99stevenbrown99

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC which includes the LTE/3G modem, WiFi radio and Bluetooth radio. So it's not even its own chip on the motherboard, it's part of the processor.

I would check the connections on the antenna, but that's about all you can do.

He has the 2013 model. It uses a snapdragon 615 I believe. Dualcore 1.7ghz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress