Hiccups / stutters in audio

ultrarunner2020

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
I just had a thought;
I am still looking for a reason why I am unable to select AAC as the codec for any of my BT devices that support it.
Could it be that AAC is not supported by Bluetooth 4.x? My Moto G7 only supports BT 4.x, not 5.x
Both the Bose QC35 II (which I returned to Amazon) and the Jabre Elite Active 75t support AAC. Android 10 supports AAC and a host of other codecs, so I am at a loss to figure why I am never able to use AAC for any supported device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just had a thought;
I am still looking for a reason why I am unable to select AAC as the codec for any of my BT devices that support it.
Could it be that AAC is not supported by Bluetooth 4.x? My Moto G7 only supports BT 4.x, not 5.x
Both the Bose QC35 II (which I returned to Amazon) and the Jabre Elite Active 75t support AAC. Android 10 supports AAC and a host of other codecs, so I am at a loss to figure why I am never able to use AAC for any supported device.
You can try developer settings and try some Bluetooth configurationScreenshot_20210521-094806.jpg

ultrarunner2020

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
I've been in developer settings, but every time I tick the AAC button, then move out of the settings screen, it's back to SBC when I come back. I have tried un-pairing, forgetting, and re-pairing the headphones to the phone, but it always comes back to SBC.

I have read in several places that apparently, this is an Android problem.
If so, I hope that my next phone will not have this issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been in developer settings, but every time I tick the AAC button, then move out of the settings screen, it's back to SBC when I come back. I have tried un-pairing, forgetting, and re-pairing the headphones to the phone, but it always comes back to SBC.

I have read in several places that apparently, this is an Android problem.
If so, I hope that my next phone will not have this issue.
Try few more settings see if make any changes or sticks , possibly do a factory reset if u haven't yet.

ultrarunner2020

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
Factory reset probably makes the most sense. I can't think of any other settings I could try, but who knows... there may be some obscure setting that will do it. I will just need to record what I change, so I can put it all back when I'm done.