How Do You Like Your Moto X?

les017

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Had mine for a week now, coming from 2 years of nexus 4. Love the phone overall. Sure I'd like better camera but battery and build and features are great. Only surprise is that it's quite a bit more slippery to hold than expected.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm waiting to Christmas to open mines. I'm looking for an excellent case and I've narrowed it down between the Casemate Naked through ATT and Supcase Frost/Black. Leaning towards Naked, however I haven't seen any drop test.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm loving mine so far. I've only had it since Tuesday, and updated to lollipop before even setting it up.

I'm coming from the 2013 moto x, and I love the extra screen size and resolution. It's a brilliant screen. The SD 801 processor is inanely fast. I have encryption turned on, and haven't noticed a single slow down on lollipop.

Overall this is, in my opinion, the best phone one can buy. It's even better than the Nexus 6. Moto does a much better job with some of the features.

68bowtie

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for a couple days but the FedEx man just picked it up to go back. My s5 had a better battery, camera and the reception was a lot better.

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
To me the CaseMate bumper made the phone perfect & quite safe.
The phone is beautiful, but slippery. I have never been so conscious of not dropping a phone. I have had it almost a week and am still not used to it.

I like to go caseless and it was never a problem with my old moto x; it was like a little non-slip rubber brick, but this is a different animal. I wished they would have textured the aluminum frame the same way they did the power button.

I ordered the CaseMate bumper; we'll see if I end up using it when it gets here.

judyandorion

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Best phone ever. Didn't think I'd like the bamboo but it feels very nice. Only problem is it will slide off flat surfaces but other than that I love it.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is packed to go back. I really liked the phone and could get over any shortcomings, but the camera was just too meh. So it's packed up and ready to head back. I'll miss the little moto software tweaks. Cool stuff.

jm101

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Loving my Moto X but I still can't adjust to the size. Even with a case it feels like I am going to drop the thing. It'll just take time to get used to I guess. Camera isn't a big deal to me because I rarely use it anyways.

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
What kind of case do you have? The camera is actually pretty decent once you've download some good software to edit the photos.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Mine is going back as well..

My 1st one had horrible pink tinting and the 2nd one that arrived yesterday is just as bad..

Maybe it's normal and I am just not use to it because I generally only use LCD screens. I showed the screen to my son yesterday and had my Z3 next to it and even he said the X screen looked horrible..

Love the size, love the look, love the features but the screen is just absolutely horrible..

I will be keeping an eye on Moto and might try again with their next version..

shahid99

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking my phone . n I'm not missing my nexus 5 . battery is much better then nexus 5 . its not exactly pure edition like they say because there are few apps from moto but its way better then all other phone which has a lot of their own app. But this is definitely the better phone then expected specially the battery . camera is good too not great but it will work . I had HTC m8 before so comparing to that one . over all I really like not missing anything not even nexus

Posted via the Android Central App

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
its not exactly pure edition like they say because there are few apps from moto but its way better then all other phone which has a lot of their own app.

Pure edition means no carrier apps (bloatware), it doesn't imply anything about Moto apps.

Posted via Android Central App

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
This is my second 2014 Moto X. I had an At&t 16GB X running KitKat, but frankly, I got bored of it before my 2 weeks were up. Probably because I had a Nexus 5 a few months ago and they're really similar experiences. I decided to return it and get a 32GB Pure X during the amazing black Friday deals and I'm glad I did. I love the X, the storage, Lollipop, it's really a joy to use. Android Runtime is nice to look at even if the dialer lags and there are some bugs, but it's a 5.0. I'm sure it'll all get ironed out quickly. This phone is the first phone I have started liking this much since my HTC phones. In fact, I like it so much I'm selling all my backup phones except for my emergency backup 2007 iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non