Regretting my Moto X

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Not the phone itself, I love it... but the choices I made in Moto Maker.

I got a white front, slate back, and silver trim, and while I think it looks good, I'm wishing I would've gone with leather.
I placed a request in earlier today for an advanced replacement or whatever it's called.
Motorola said they would respond within 4 business hours, but I haven't received a notice or anything all day. Has anyone here gone through the process and can comment on this?

Also, since I want to go with leather (potentially), would I just have to pay a $50 premium or whatever, considering I originally got the slate back?

Thanks!

crzich

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
25 for leather. I got leather and it had a spot where it was coming off so I'm getting a replacement, went with another leather but slate was my next choice. What about it don't you like?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
It's fairly slippery. I think I'd prefer the extra grip from the leather.

Also I kinda want a black front. The white looks a little busy with all the sensors and such.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's fairly slippery. I think I'd prefer the extra grip from the leather.

Also I kinda want a black front. The white looks a little busy with all the sensors and such.

The leather isn't as gripy as I expected. Seems on par with the plastic back on the 2013. It does have more grip than the regular plastic used by Samsung and straight metal like the HTC or iPhone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have slate, black front with a yellow trim and I love mine! Ebony looked nice but the peeling back was enough to make me go with my second choice! No regret here so far. (2 months later!)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I went with a blue back silver trim and white front. I wanted it to be different than my iPhone and I knew the blue was different than the renderings going in. I just got it yesterday and I really dislike the blue.

Do they allow exchanges for different colors and will i have to pay more since I originally used a cyber Monday code?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I went with a blue back silver trim and white front. I wanted it to be different than my iPhone and I knew the blue was different than the renderings going in. I just got it yesterday and I really dislike the blue.

Do they allow exchanges for different colors and will i have to pay more since I originally used a cyber Monday code?

"You can re-design once if you return the first one within 14 days of date of delivery (30 days in California), no questions asked."
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...J2djYtcjJhbSIsInNlc3Npb25JRCI6InJTaVVyMmFtIn0.

Give them a call https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
"You can re-design once if you return the first one within 14 days of date of delivery (30 days in California), no questions asked."
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...J2djYtcjJhbSIsInNlc3Npb25JRCI6InJTaVVyMmFtIn0.

Give them a call https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service

Thanks. I was able to do the return and schedule a new design online.

Does anyone know how this works with returns? I'm designing a 2nd one but I'm still not 100% sold on the phone. Te me return the phone and get full credit is it based on the delivery of the first phone or second?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was able to do the return and schedule a new design online.

Does anyone know how this works with returns? I'm designing a 2nd one but I'm still not 100% sold on the phone. Te me return the phone and get full credit is it based on the delivery of the first phone or second?

I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect that any return period is going to start counting from when you receive your first phone. In the case of an actual defect with the second phone it would probably be handled as a warranty item, not a return. So by the time you receive your second phone, you'll probably be past any possible return period.

I'd have a good long think as to whether you are sufficiently sold on the phone to commit to it. If not, I'd do a return and not take the risk of not being able to return it later (not to mention making Motorola go to the effort of building you out two of them only to have them both returned).

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but I strongly suspect that any return period is going to start counting from when you receive your first phone. In the case of an actual defect with the second phone it would probably be handled as a warranty item, not a return. So by the time you receive your second phone, you'll probably be past any possible return period.

I'd have a good long think as to whether you are sufficiently sold on the phone to commit to it. If not, I'd do a return and not take the risk of not being able to return it later (not to mention making Motorola go to the effort of building you out two of them only to have them both returned).

You're right. I'm sending it back today and not getting a replacement. :(

calkno

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've got the natural leather back and it's great! Looks good and feels good to the hand. The leather is just starting to wear a little a couple months in, but the aging on it looks good.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend leather, it shows signs of wear and tear after some use. But if you can manage it properly, by all means go for it.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Good luck in your quest for the right phone for you. So many good choices, so many different priorities... Fun, fun, fun!

I have an obsession a bit of an illness and I know it. Haha.

But then again I suspect many of us on these forums do!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an obsession a bit of an illness and I know it. Haha.

But then again I suspect many of us on these forums do!

I've never bought a phone I ended up liking EVERYTHING on. I want a phone as light as my Moto X 2013 with the battery life of a Note 2 and the screen size of a Nexus 6 and a camera as good as my Digital Rebel and a build of Android that runs EXACTLY like my Moto X 2014, except those bits I'd like to change... ;)

ethane

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
unfortunately us Android users are spoilt for choice :D my philosophy is to find a phone which is sufficient for my use and has no big drawbacks, then use the heck out of it!

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
It would definitely be the camera and battery besides other little things which aren't deal breakers. Considering the price I don't regret my purchase. I'm like the only one I know of so far that has a Moto X everyone else has Apple or Samsung.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It would definitely be the camera and battery besides other little things which aren't deal breakers. Considering the price I don't regret my purchase. I'm like the only one I know of so far that has a Moto X everyone else has Apple or Samsung.

I've only ever seen 3 other people with one. And they weren't customized.