Unable to wave off call?

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, when an incoming call comes in and I try to wave the call off it wouldn't work. I checked my Moto Assist options and it is in fact enabled, however I was still unable to wave the call off. I did several test calls and still cannot get the wave to silence to work. Does anyone else have this issue? What should I do?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have used this occasionally, and I think you have to wave your hand in a particular way - it's not as sensitive as, for example, waving to see the clock. It works for me about half the time, so I haven't figured out the pattern yet.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
It could also be the ambient lighting. I've found that in the morning waving to snooze my alarm sometimes doesn't work if I don't turn the lamp on my end table on first.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It works very well here, but your hand has to start its wave from well outside the area of the phone, and end its wave that way as well.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Could this be related to the bungled Google Search update? I tried to wave off an alarm thus afternoon and it didn't work. I'm hearing reports that Google's app is futzing with Moto's app.

TJH

Posted via the Android Central App

mdkath

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried it out with my Moto as I was experiencing similar issues. I noticed that it has to be done in a particular way...you can't be too close and you have to start outside the range (i.e. not ideal for putting on your bed, would work with side table). Perhaps, they may increase sensitivity exclusively for Alarms so that it detects the waves correctly.

P.S. Works on snoozes as well.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Tried it out with my Moto as I was experiencing similar issues. I noticed that it has to be done in a particular way...you can't be too close and you have to start outside the range (i.e. not ideal for putting on your bed, would work with side table). Perhaps, they may increase sensitivity exclusively for Alarms so that it detects the waves correctly.

P.S. Works on snoozes as well.

Yeah its definitely finicky recently, and it didn't used to be. It's a shame because it used to be real nice to snooze my alarm with a wave while I'm half asleep. Now, it's just a pain to try and get it to work. It has to be a software issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38