Leather Maintenance

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a leather backed Moto X the other day, and am curious about any tips those of you with leather backed phones may have in regards to maintaining the leather. I've read that using leather conditioner may help, but I figured it would be best to get some advice from people who have had the phone for a few months already. Thanks in advance!

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The care leaflet you get just states liquid may stain. I had my Black one in November, no case, hoped it would have started to look a little worn in but it looks exactly the same as the day I unboxed it, three pre-made imperfections. I think they're coated in something anyway.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
My black has many marks from usage but it is in great condition IMO. Didn't even apply a single conditioning so far.

Sent from my XT1095

TheRydad

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have done nothing to maintain mine and I think it still looks fine. For what it is worth, I do tend to prefer my electronics to get a "Millennium Falcon" effect and show a little bruising and dings due to age and hits from Imperial Blasters.

Mine is inside a cover as of today due to the addition of a Qi charging pad, which I think I will go post about right now.

-rd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress