Moto X Keeps Freezing

detmsp

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
For the last two weeks I've been having serious problems with my phone. It keeps freezing up on me. The screen stops responding, but I can use the power button to turn the screen on/off. If I hold the power button, i can get the "Power off" button to appear on the screen, and when I tap that, the screen actually responds and the phone shuts off. I'm having to restart my phone multiple times a day. I've already tried booting into safe mood and clearing the cache, but the problem persists. Anyone else having this?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
For the last two weeks I've been having serious problems with my phone. It keeps freezing up on me. The screen stops responding, but I can use the power button to turn the screen on/off. If I hold the power button, i can get the "Power off" button to appear on the screen, and when I tap that, the screen actually responds and the phone shuts off. I'm having to restart my phone multiple times a day. I've already tried booting into safe mood and clearing the cache, but the problem persists. Anyone else having this?

Try the first one below.... if that doesn't solve your issue, then try the second one.
1. Settings > Storage > find Cached Data, wait for it to calculate it, tap it, it will ask if you want to clear it, click Ok.
2. Go to the following link and follow the directions in Post #1... this will wipe cache partition... http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/465537-i-can-t-get-my-moto-x-into-recovery-so-i-can-wipe-cache.html