How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Big drop in battery life over time. I've had it as long as it's been out. Over time with similar use I've gone from averaging 11-12 hours of use with five hours of screen on time to about 10 hours of use with four hours or less screen on time. I think the rapid charging has really hurt the battery. I don't rapid charge over night and now try to use it sparingly. Not sure if Marshmallow also hurt battery life.

I bought mine when it first came out too and haven't really noticed any drop in battery life. I do put it on the charger each night but use a regular charger. I have used the rapid charger but rarely since the battery is just fine until I put it on the charger at night. Maybe not using the rapid charger has made the difference? Not sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Seems some folks are rationalizing towards the 6P. Get it and be happy. Just like I am with the MXPE. Battery life is good for the hardware it has and me luvs my 200gb micro SD card for $99 from Amazon :)

Have the 64GB model, so no adaptive storage assimilation for me.

Exactly... On ALL points!!!

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Update I went through my app list and deleted some apps and that seems to have helped, not running as hot. I need to be better about restarting it a few times a week also. I have not cleared system cache in a while.

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I learned that turning down the screen brightness dramatically increases battery life. I can now get 4 hrs of SOT if needed while before just barely more than 2. I don't know how low, maybe 40%, but with no or little sacrifice in viewing comfort.

Also watch for sneaky apps that draw power unless you force quit them (EG, Gasbuddy and Walmart, in my experience).

lgtomoto

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Everyone needs to buy a battery pack! I bought one which ends "range anxiety" with this or any phone. The one I happen to have cost less than $9, is a 4400 and charges the phone rather fast, about twice as fast as a regular wall charger.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got this Motorola X Pure last weekend when my HTC One M9 went under water. I'm blown away by the battery life. I have an Huawei Android watch tethered with Bluetooth and I'm at 64 percent almost 10 hours off the charger. That includes texting, and some other use. It's so superior to the M9. I hope it's the same type of battery life months from now

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Try to avoid use turbo charging unless you really need it as I think it's degraded my battery over time. I've had it since launch last September.

adyb

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
After almost 1 year it only lasts about 5 hrs. Very disappointing. I charge it about 3 times per day.

Last edited:

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
For whatever reason doze is actually working well now, maybe I deleted the right app. But using the screen kills this battery, as does a poor signal or using the GPS. I don't game.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been using my 16GB MXPE (everything stock) with a 32GB Samsung microSD card (adoptable storage works really well after a few hiccups) and battery life is good, I get almost 3-4 days of standby with 3-3.5 hours of screen on time. This is a standby device with the usage mostly being due to the testing Android and gaming. It also has a LTE turned on with a spare Cricket Wireless SIM.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I jinxed it by posting here too soon, it's dropped off, maybe because I've added some new apps but it's disappointing, from 100% to 20% in about 10 hours. Mostly texting. I've cut the SOT time to a minute from 2 and lowered brightness.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Ive had my pure x for about 1 week and have yet to make it through a day without looking for a charger. Ive been really disappointed with battery life coming from my note 4. I did update to 6.0 the day got it and checked apps to see whats not optimized. I manually sync emails, turned bluetooth off, on wifi most of the day. Cell reception is bad at my job which is likely a culprit. Had a droid maxx a few years back and loved that phone, had high hopes for thia one. So far i give battery a 2/10
Is it getting any better? Have you found a workaround to help the situation?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My battery life sometimes doesn't get me through the day anymore. My MXPE is 7 months old. Lately I have gone back to my iPhone 6+ for the stellar battery life. So nice not having to worry about charging till bedtime and even then have an easy 40% or better left in the tank. Only problem with this solution is it's GD iOS. LOL! I come back to android when I can't take apple anymore. But then it;s the battery again. So gotta pick my poison.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the X, barely a week old now... Coming from the G3 battery life sucks, I am used to 4-5 hours screen on time per day with battery to spare. It seems like the screen is the huge battery killer, outside where the screen is bright kills the battery really fast, but if I can stay indoors and keep the brightness down, battery life is acceptable.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I alternate between my BB Priv and My Moto X...I was really hoping that the Moto X would show better battery performance that the Priv, but no such luck...in fact I'd say that my Priv's battery last longer for the most part and both are running Marshmallow.

Last edited:

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My battery life sometimes doesn't get me through the day anymore. My MXPE is 7 months old. Lately I have gone back to my iPhone 6+ for the stellar battery life. So nice not having to worry about charging till bedtime and even then have an easy 40% or better left in the tank. Only problem with this solution is it's GD iOS. LOL! I come back to android when I can't take apple anymore. But then it;s the battery again. So gotta pick my poison.

How stellar is the battery life on your iPhone 6+ ?? To your knowledge, is the 6S' battery performance comparable to that of the 6+ ??

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
How stellar is the battery life on your iPhone 6+ ?? To your knowledge, is the 6S' battery performance comparable to that of the 6+ ??

The 6+ has excellent battery life. I use both phones the same. 2915mAh vs 3000mAh, so almost the same size. IOS just does battery better. 6s+ is 2750mAh so a bit smaller. But might be OK. Do not have any time with a 6s+. Android's always been power hogs.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The 6+ has excellent battery life. I use both phones the same. 2915mAh vs 3000mAh, so almost the same size. IOS just does battery better. 6s+ is 2750mAh so a bit smaller. But might be OK. Do not have any time with a 6s+. Android's always been power hogs.
Thanks for sharing your insight, much appreciated!!