Does the Moto X Pure Edition have a Restart option?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys and gals -

I may be standing out in left field all by myself waving at you.......but am I the only Moto X PE user that has no option to re-start? I press the power button and all I have to choose from is "Power Down".

Screenshot_2015-09-20-17-48-42.jpg

jdfrye

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restart option?

Easy fix, just hold down the power button and it will reboot

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

If you root and flash roms, the app, flashify, has a reboot phone option, I used it to restart my nexus 6 all the time..

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

If you root and flash roms, the app, flashify, has a reboot phone option, I used it to restart my nexus 6 all the time..

All you have to do is hold your power button down and the Nexus 6 will reboot.

Posted via the Android Central App

pinoymutt

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately without rooting, no (unless someone found a good alternative). If you are rooted, I believe xPosed w/GravityBox will allow you to add reboot (as well as reboot into recovery or bootloader) to the power menu.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the clear Cache partition instructions from Moto Pretty much the same as it always has been

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

2.Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"

3.Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

4.While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.

5.Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.

6."Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is the clear Cache partition instructions from Moto Pretty much the same as it always has been

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

2.Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"

3.Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

4.While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.

5.Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.

6."Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Yes! I remember this from the Turbo days! Lol

bkent1

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those who posted the real answer (holding in the power button until it reboots on it's own). It was a real help. For those of you who post wrong answers or answers that don't apply to THIS device: WHY??????

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
And when hold it for a few seconds it will reboot

Posted via the Android Central App
Curious but isn't this similar to holding your laptop's or other computers start button down to initiate a reboot? Used only when it's locked up and won't shut down any other way. If I press my MXP's power button to get the shut down option then proceed to press the power off prompt it seems to shut down rather gradually like it's putting things in some kind of order first as does any other computer when doing the same. If I hold the button down till the screen goes black it will indeed reboot but it seems a very sudden and absolute off immediately kind of solution. Just seems a bit rough to me, not that I know anything about it, Lol.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Curious but isn't this similar to holding your laptop's or other computers start button down to initiate a reboot? Used only when it's locked up and won't shut down any other way. If I press my MXP's power button to get the shut down option then proceed to press the power off prompt it seems to shut down rather gradually like it's putting things in some kind of order first as does any other computer when doing the same. If I hold the button down till the screen goes black it will indeed reboot but it seems a very sudden and absolute off immediately kind of solution. Just seems a bit rough to me, not that I know anything about it, Lol.
My understanding too is that long pressing the power button is akin to a battery pull and restart rather than a proper shutdown and restart.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non