Sound Comes though Speakers and Headphones

GeoJono

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hello - I was trying to change the notification sound on my Moto X Pure and I had headphones plugged in, but I noticed that the notification sounds come through the phone's speakers as well as the headphones.
Is there a way to silence the speakers when headphones are plugged in?

Thanks!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Remove your case and reconnect your headphones... it sounds like your not getting the plug all the way into the phone.

GeoJono

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Remove your case and reconnect your headphones... it sounds like your not getting the plug all the way into the phone.

Thanks for the reply, acejavelin.

I contacted Motorola about it and they said that if I was listening to music or YouTube, etc., the speakers would be silent with headphones plugged in, but with system sounds like Notifications, the headphones will not silence the speakers. They said that it was an Android thing and that Motorola could do nothing about it.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, acejavelin.

I contacted Motorola about it and they said that if I was listening to music or YouTube, etc., the speakers would be silent with headphones plugged in, but with system sounds like Notifications, the headphones will not silence the speakers. They said that it was an Android thing and that Motorola could do nothing about it.
Ahhh... I just reread your OP and realized I missed the Notification part so I assumed the music was coming through the headphones. Sorry, my bad.

And as far as what Motorola says, yes, it is true that in the basic AOSP source code this is the behavior, at least since Lollipop... Media audio goes to wired headphones and ringing/notification/alarms goes out speaker, but many manufacturers (and custom ROMs) adjust the code to either follow the headphone connection or allow it to be a setting by the user. So in this case, Moto is correct and yet I don't remember this being an issue with my Moto G 2015 (same generation device as the MXPE) but it might just be that I never thought about it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member