Moto X Pure Switches From Bluetooth to Handset Audio After Calling

DieselT444E

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
When I place a call I hear ringing for a moment through my truck's speakers but then my Moto X switches the audio to the handset. I have to press the audio source icon and select Bluetooth and it switches back. It will stay on Bluetooth audio for the rest of the call but when I make the next call the same thing happens again. Bluetooth is staying connected but the audio switches to the handset. Ay ideas what is going on?

The Bluetooth issues with this phone are about to drive me crazy. I was having another issue where Bluetooth would disconnect when the screen went to sleep that I may have resolved by completely wiping out the phone and starting over. Ever since wiping the phone the issue above where the audio changes to the handset started.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue *Occasionally*. It is not a regular occurrence. When it does happen, I will disconnect the call, and then it seems to work on the next call. However, I always will reboot shortly after that happens, and if I have a quick minute, clear the cache along with that reboot.

For you problem, (and all the Weird Quirks that we see), I'd shutdown, boot to recovery, clear your cache, and see if that helps...

DieselT444E

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. This morning I did just that, I booted into recovery mode and deleted the cache partition. The first call I made had the same issue. When I got to work I deleted my phone from my truck, deleted the truck from the phone, and wiped the cache partition again. When I go to lunch I'm going to pair the phone back to the truck and try again. If it still happens I'm getting a different phone.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. This morning I did just that, I booted into recovery mode and deleted the cache partition. The first call I made had the same issue. When I got to work I deleted my phone from my truck, deleted the truck from the phone, and wiped the cache partition again. When I go to lunch I'm going to pair the phone back to the truck and try again. If it still happens I'm getting a different phone.

Do you have another BT headset you could try, to see if its the phone or your truck? I'm sure it's probably the MXPE, but it'd be worth a test...

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem with my Plantronics legend. I figured out that proximity sensor in the legend would disconnect the headset if it thought I wasn't wearing it. I installed the Plantronics app and was able to disable the sensor.
I have many Bluetooth devices and only had this problem on the Legend so I knew the phone was OK.