Moto x pure edition Bluetooth connection issues

Tony lohmann

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Every Time it pairs with phone and make a call it shows on cars display but keeps saying lost Bluetooth connection any help much appreciated. I paired a Samsung phone and it worked fine.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Every Time it pairs with phone and make a call it shows on cars display but keeps saying lost Bluetooth connection any help much appreciated. I paired a Samsung phone and it worked fine.
Have you tried a Network Settings Reset?

Go to Settings - Backup & Reset - Network Settings Reset and select RESET SETTINGS button? This will reset all settings for WiFi, Bluetooth, and cellular data (except APN) back to their default settings. You will lose all WiFi network settings and passcodes, Bluetooth pairings, and any other settings relating to networks you have changed.

If that fails, try a factory reset... the Moto X is known for some BT issues, but usually it is just an occasional loss of connection, not consistently like you are seeing.

Tony lohmann

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
I fixed my problem it was settings on my sound about app to fix media volume I added, it had media and Bluetooth settings that needed to allow both and now calls go thru my Fiat spider 124 !??????

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
There is a related issue that is helped by toggling airplane mode off then back on once connected to secure the Bluetooth connection with the car. Works for me with my moto x pure and Honda Accord. I started having issues after the Dec security update.

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having constant issues with BT on my Moto X PE. The only consistent solution has been to "forget" the BT connection to my headset, turn off BT on the phone, turn off the BT headset, restart the phone, turn on BT and re-pair. Every.Single.Time I want to use the headset.

I contacted Motorola support and they want me to send the phone back for a replacement. I'm afraid to do this because I don't think it will solve the problem (based on reports of similar issues) and will leave me without a phone (and this is my only phone).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already done a factory reset, to no avail.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having constant issues with BT on my Moto X PE. The only consistent solution has been to "forget" the BT connection to my headset, turn off BT on the phone, turn off the BT headset, restart the phone, turn on BT and re-pair. Every.Single.Time I want to use the headset.

I contacted Motorola support and they want me to send the phone back for a replacement. I'm afraid to do this because I don't think it will solve the problem (based on reports of similar issues) and will leave me without a phone (and this is my only phone).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've already done a factory reset, to no avail.
The Moto X Pure/Style has a known issue with Bluetooth in Marshmallow... it is acknowledged by Moto representatives on the official Lenovo forums. Supposedly it is corrected in the Nougat update.

I would not send it in until after the Nougat update is pushed out and you verify it is working or not working. Currently the update has been released to Latin America, but we have no time frame for other regions.

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X Pure/Style has a known issue with Bluetooth in Marshmallow... it is acknowledged by Moto representatives on the official Lenovo forums. Supposedly it is corrected in the Nougat update.

I would not send it in until after the Nougat update is pushed out and you verify it is working or not working. Currently the update has been released to Latin America, but we have no time frame for other regions.

You would think that such a widespread/major issue could at least be resolved with an interim update. Oh well. Thanks for the information; I guess I will live with it for now and hope that the update comes soon. I'm really leaning towards just buying a brand new (non-motorola) phone when I have a bit more money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez