1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Default After 7 years on Blackberry I have made the switch

So sorry for the noob to all the android and these questions but here I go
    1 : best keyboard for android ?
    2: Is there any custom keyboard shortcut maker for android ( for example on my blackberry I set GM to be good morning )
    3: The alarm sucks need something that is beyond louder ( I have been a Blackberry geek for the last 7 years so I tried all the things with volume and setting tones etc )

It has been day one with the moto x and really loving it , Its no blackberry but wow what a device . I love the smart use of low specs and size of the device .

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: After 7 years on Blackberry I have made the switch

Welcome.

I like SwiftKey from the play store. Great word prediction.

I think there used to be a app called volume+ free. That would make your speakers louder. I could never get it to work but some say it does.

T-mobile Moto X
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

thank you

1. swiftkey
    2. not that i know of, but i'm sure others can chime in here.
    3. my alarm is plenty loud. have you tried turning it up in the settings?

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

My preference is SwiftKey.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by romeo204 View Post
    2: Is there any custom keyboard shortcut maker for android ( for example on my blackberry I set GM to be good morning )

Not so much shortcuts but you can set the Personal dictionary can be set to auto correct so that GM is auto corrected to Good Morning.
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
    Thanked by:
    myRT 

1. Stock is good for me. But Swiftkey is awsome.

2. There is an EQ setting is settings---->sound---->audio effects. Boost them puppies up and it goes a little louder. Also, Audio+ works....remember though, the louder you go the quicker you might blow the speaker.

3. Timely for alarms. Many settings and it's beautiful. It also can be used as a daydream feature which is awsome!
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

3: The alarm sucks need something that is beyond louder ( I have been a Blackberry geek for the last 7 years so I tried all the things with volume and setting tones etc )

It has been day one with the moto x and really loving it , Its no blackberry but wow what a device . I love the smart use of low specs and size of the device .
    Welcome to the forums and Android.
    How is the device now after a week?

Sent from a Slim Tab 2.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Came from a qwerty as well. Love Swiftkey. and also bought Timely the alarm clock, kinda expensive for an alarm clock program. That being said, when i used the regular alarm clock it was loud @ 80%, just look into your sound settings under 'alarms' and double check it's at a high volume. I don't think Timely goes any louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    1. Stock is good for me. But Swiftkey is awsome.

2. There is an EQ setting is settings---->sound---->audio effects. Boost them puppies up and it goes a little louder. Also, Audio+ works....remember though, the louder you go the quicker you might blow the speaker.

3. Timely for alarms. Many settings and it's beautiful. It also can be used as a daydream feature which is awsome!
    What is daydream. I see it as an option, does it just show the time or something? what is it?

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    What is daydream. I see it as an option, does it just show the time or something? what is it?
    Kinda like a screen saver for a PC.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

To the OP, make sure you have your phone facing down when using as your alarm since the speaker is on the back, that might make a difference.

And randomly, one nice thing i learned about Timely, when you pick it up to snooze or do your math to turn it off, the volume lowers so it's not blaring while it's in your hands. : )

To the OP, make sure you have your phone facing down when using as your alarm since the speaker is on the back, that might make a difference.

And randomly, one nice thing i learned about Timely, when you pick it up to snooze or do your math to turn it off, the volume lowers so it's not blaring while it's in your hands. : )
    the moto X's speaker is on the curve, so even when its down its loud.

Stock Keyboard rocks.
    When typing GM hit it and then have it say Good Morning.. It'll auto correct GM to Good Morning.
    i use stock alarm, quite loud for me
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I went back to BlackBerry (from the original droid) for the keyboard, one handed use, and speed dial from the keyboard. When my second 9930 quit working, I thought I would make the move to a Q10, only to be left hanging with speed dial. The Q10 helped me transition to touch screen use.

If you had a Q10 before, could you compare one-handed use to the Moto X?

There are daydream apps in the play store. Different kids. Timely has a daydream feature as well.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

might be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having this feature on a phone. i know what the purpose of a screen saver is, so your computer can stay and on and not get burn-in, but why for a phone, we generally don't leave them on.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

might be a dumb question, but what is the purpose of having this feature on a phone. i know what the purpose of a screen saver is, so your computer can stay and on and not get burn-in, but why for a phone, we generally don't leave them on.
    I would assume for the times it is plugged into a dock and you can see the screen while it is charging.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

i know what the purpose of a screen saver is, so your computer can stay and on and not get burn-in, but why for a phone, we generally don't leave them on.
    If you have a tablet and a dock, it can be a nice way to show pictures while your tablet is charging.

The daydream capability came with Jelly Bean. You could have just a clock display or pictures or Facebook updates.

Posted via Android Central App