Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Default Notifications and music volume

Hey all. I tried doing a search on this, but i didn't find a thread..so if there is one, please direct me towards it

I'm experiencing something a bit unusual and I'd like to ask you guys about it.

I have my Moto X and I have it hooked up to an external speaker streaming Pandora.

Now, when I get a notification on my phone, what it does is it lowers the music and the notification comes through the loud speaker..and then the music goes back up to normal volume.

What happens to me on occasion is that I'll get the notification, the music lowers......but never comes back up to normal volume. It stays low for rest of the song it's playing and THEN it goes back up to normal volume levels.

Has anyone else experienced this at all? If so, why does this happen, and if so, are there any work around solutions?

Thanks,

-Eli
    My Devices: Primary / Tablet: Moto X / iPad Mini (1st Gen)
    Personal Blog: http://www.mydailydoseblog.com

Default Re: Notifications and music volume

Quote Originally Posted by Eli_B View Post
    Hey all. I tried doing a search on this, but i didn't find a thread..so if there is one, please direct me towards it

I'm experiencing something a bit unusual and I'd like to ask you guys about it.

I have my Moto X and I have it hooked up to an external speaker streaming Pandora.

Now, when I get a notification on my phone, what it does is it lowers the music and the notification comes through the loud speaker..and then the music goes back up to normal volume.

What happens to me on occasion is that I'll get the notification, the music lowers......but never comes back up to normal volume. It stays low for rest of the song it's playing and THEN it goes back up to normal volume levels.

Has anyone else experienced this at all? If so, why does this happen, and if so, are there any work around solutions?

Thanks,

-Eli
    I get the volume dips in music when connected to Bluetooth speakers or headphones but the media playback volume is always restored to its original value. The dips occur with typical notifications or Navigation voice prompts. I use Google Play Music, Amazon MP3 and Overdrive Media Console regularly and so far haven't seen what you report. I have no experience with Pandora on my Moto X.
    Thanked by:
    Eli_B 

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I experienced something similar but sorta opposite. I was doing the exact same thing earlier today, Pandora on an external. I was thinking the volume was a little lower than it should have been, as I have been impressed with the speaker on this phone since I got it, then a notification came in, phone did the normal lower volume thing, and when it came back up, the volume was way louder, about what it should have been before. This happened once the other day as well. Sorry I don't have a solution to contribute, but the incidents may be tied to something similar (?)
    Thanked by:
    Eli_B 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

CT,

It could be that they are tied to something similar. You might be right about that. Hopefully we'll get an answer soon.

At least now I know that I'm not the only one who is experiencing an issue like this (even tho yours is not exactly the same)..

Quote Originally Posted by ctl904 View Post
    I experienced something similar but sorta opposite. I was doing the exact same thing earlier today, Pandora on an external. I was thinking the volume was a little lower than it should have been, as I have been impressed with the speaker on this phone since I got it, then a notification came in, phone did the normal lower volume thing, and when it came back up, the volume was way louder, about what it should have been before. This happened once the other day as well. Sorry I don't have a solution to contribute, but the incidents may be tied to something similar (?)

yeah, I've had the issue too on occasion. Pretty sure I've seen it both in Google Play Music & in Pandora. Coincidentally, I recall it happening with Pandora a LOT on my old phone (Sprint HTC EVO 4G Touch). I always use the headphone jack into an external speaker or audio system.

The problem is with Pandora. I have the same problem but it happens all the time. I get a notification and Pandora reduces the volume to zero and it stays at zero after streaming resumes. This does not happen with my music player or my alternative streaming app, Jango.

I've talked to Pandora and they suggested clearing the cache, reinstalling, etc. but still doesn't work properly.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Eli_B 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Frank,

Thank you very much for letting me know this. I guess it's a nuisance we'll have to deal with until they actually fix it