Android Central Second Opinion: Moto Z Droid

mgorlets

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Russell did a great job on his review. Good Samsung product placement. Good lies about the Z and also mentioned pokemon go. Glad to see he's earning that money they pay him.

But the 10% claim is utter bs lol. I mean Russell if your going to lie already make it believable. Looks like your a puppet for Samsung attempting to do damage control by dragging other devices down. It's sad really because you lost all credibility . Your Samsung sponsored review is nothing more then the bitter opinion of someone who's hurt that the Note 7 has many issues and runs like crap. It's pretty painful to scroll on it there is so much lag.

I'll trust every other review that gives the z high marks. I'll also trust the benchmarks where the z obliterates every other phone. I mean he'll it stomps them so hard I was about to call the U.N. in.

Great review puppet. Glad to see you can't be trusted. I knew AC was payed off but now you just show that you will say anything for whoever puts money in your hand. Can't wait to see your review on the next nexus. Google pays well so you should give that phone nothing but the best remarks.

Enjoy being a puppet and a known liar. Love the review.

Also provide proof of that 10% battery drop in that amount of time. I saw you did not put up a screen shot to back that claim up lol. Again busting being a liar.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Great AC Moto Z review

Russell did a great job on his review. Good Samsung product placement. Good lies about the Z and also mentioned pokemon go. Glad to see he's earning that money they pay him.

But the 10% claim is utter bs lol. I mean Russell if your going to lie already make it believable. Looks like your a puppet for Samsung attempting to do damage control by dragging other devices down. It's sad really because you lost all credibility . Your Samsung sponsored review is nothing more then the bitter opinion of someone who's hurt that the Note 7 has many issues and runs like crap. It's pretty painful to scroll on it there is so much lag.

I'll trust every other review that gives the z high marks. I'll also trust the benchmarks where the z obliterates every other phone. I mean he'll it stomps them so hard I was about to call the U.N. in.

Great review puppet. Glad to see you can't be trusted. I knew AC was payed off but now you just show that you will say anything for whoever puts money in your hand. Can't wait to see your review on the next nexus. Google pays well so you should give that phone nothing but the best remarks.

Also provide proof of that 10% battery drop in that amount of time. I saw you did not put up a screen shot to back that claim up lol. Again busting being a liar.
I literally don't know how you came to the conclusion that Russell is a paid Samsung shill. 90% of the article was gushing about the awesome features of the phone. It seems to fail in two areas, camera and software updates.

A flagship phone in 2016 should not have a camera that can't point and shoot reliably good pics and the Z falls short of that.

AC has also stated that they're going to put more emphasis on security and software updates, so Moto went in to the Z with a poor track record on this front.

Those are just facts. You can not like them, but you can't deny them. The camera is not in the same league as the S7, 10, or G5. The S7 was chosen as the best overall phone by AC so by all accounts they are going to compare every other flagship to it. That's just the right way to do it.

I wonder how much the conclusion would change if this was the Z Force with the larger battery and better camera (and higher price, which also raises the bar even more).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

The Z Force is more battery, better camera (IMO by a lot) and same exact security afaik.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site

Did we read the same review? Because I thought it was very fair and balanced - and not in a Fox News sort of way. (Then again, this could just be a first-post hit-and-run poster. Looking to start a war. In a Fox News sort of way!)

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Central Second Opinion: Moto Z Force Droid

I disagreed with that second look review too, but I'm using the force so maybe the normal Z isn't as good as this phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Updated title and moving to the Z Droid forum.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Russell's points justified why I got the Z Force over the Moto Z.

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

AC has also stated that they're going to put more emphasis on security and software updates, so Moto went in to the Z with a poor track record on this front.

Then (sadly) they should really dis any VZW phone. While Lenovo has not yet proven IF they will provide timely updates, VZW has proven they will not - regardless of what the manufacturer does.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Then (sadly) they should really dis any VZW phone. While Lenovo has not yet proven IF they will provide timely updates, VZW has proven they will not - regardless of what the manufacturer does.

...have you seen how often the latest Samsung phones on Verizon are getting updated?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I disagreed with that second look review too, but I'm using the force so maybe the normal Z isn't as good as this phone.

Phil should have broken the Z Force AFTER Russell got a chance to give a second opinion. lol.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Other than the S7, S7 Edge, Note 7, right?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I think a better comparison would have been with the Force with its better camera and much larger battery. But I don't need anyone to validate my choices if I'm satisfied.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I have the Force edition so I have none of the battery or camera issues. I also have the note 7 which is going back and the nexus 6p. I've found the Force edition is the better of the 3 for everyday use. better battery and signal strength than the 6p. And better battery (way better) and less bloat and lag and feels better in my hand than the note. I actually thought the reviewer reviewed the wrong phone should have been force edition and also he did nit pick the Moto Z for battery life against the s7 which has terrible battery life also and only has a better cam than the Z. Z is faster and even with Verizon bloat it still has less bloat than the s7. Not sure why he knocked the updates because of internet rumors it's clearly to early to know how they will be. But I will guess they will be better than Samsung updates which are the worst in the industry.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I have the Force edition so I have none of the battery or camera issues. I also have the note 7 which is going back and the nexus 6p. I've found the Force edition is the better of the 3 for everyday use. better battery and signal strength than the 6p. And better battery (way better) and less bloat and lag and feels better in my hand than the note. I actually thought the reviewer reviewed the wrong phone should have been force edition and also he did nit pick the Moto Z for battery life against the s7 which has terrible battery life also and only has a better cam than the Z. Z is faster and even with Verizon bloat it still has less bloat than the s7. Not sure why he knocked the updates because of internet rumors it's clearly to early to know how they will be. But I will guess they will be better than Samsung updates which are the worst in the industry.
Samsung is currently third best on updating Android on their flagship devices. They're kicking out monthly security updates consistently and quickly. Only Blackberry and Nexus are doing better.

Moto has said that they will do security updates as part of their update schedule, but they are not planning to do an OTA each month. Our current expectations based on their performance over the last year will be that they release one update every three months or so.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

Samsung is currently third best on updating Android on their flagship devices. They're kicking out monthly security updates consistently and quickly. Only Blackberry and Nexus are doing better.

Moto has said that they will do security updates as part of their update schedule, but they are not planning to do an OTA each month. Our current expectations based on their performance over the last year will be that they release one update every three months or so.

Samsung is third for security updates and tied for last for all other updates and the worst when it comes to problems with updates

dbregman

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38