Phone and style shell color choices?

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm planning to order a Z Force today - at $150 off this phone seems like a great deal.

It's hard to pick a color from the website, and the store I visited only had the black/lunar gray model and no style shells to look at.

Anyone get the red style shell? What color red is it - bright red? or darker? anywhere close to maroon? How about the silver wood?

The black/lunar gray certainly looks good, but I'm considering branching out - trying the black/rose gold for a change. What color is the gold? I don't want anything in the direction of pink, but if it is something more like copper that would work.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning to order a Z Force today - at $150 off this phone seems like a great deal.

It's hard to pick a color from the website, and the store I visited only had the black/lunar gray model and no style shells to look at.

Anyone get the red style shell? What color red is it - bright red? or darker? anywhere close to maroon? How about the silver wood?

The black/lunar gray certainly looks good, but I'm considering branching out - trying the black/rose gold for a change. What color is the gold? I don't want anything in the direction of pink, but if it is something more like copper that would work.

I have the white and gold. Nice combo if you like white.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I am almost positive I read somewhere that it is more Pink than Gold. I too was considering it if it was actually gold looking, like the metal contacts for the Mods, but i think it is more like the iPhone's Rose Gold, which is basically pink

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am almost positive I read somewhere that it is more Pink than Gold. I too was considering it if it was actually gold looking, like the metal contacts for the Mods, but i think it is more like the iPhone's Rose Gold, which is basically pink

There's one color combo that has Rose Gold trim, another that just has Gold trim. I would've really liked a black phone with gold trim, but they didn't offer it, and I wouldn't have been patient enough to wait for it. I have a style shell & bumper on anyway.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

On my monitor this closely matches the real world color of the red nylon style shell:
http://dixplore.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/moto-z-force-review-back-cover-colors-420-90.jpg

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help Red-Oak and Clocks.. I ordered one of those backs. Combined with the black / lunar grey, sounds like a good combo.

Still disappointed there isn't a black and true gold.. that would be a color combo not found elsewhere that would look good. White front doesn't interested me; all the sensors break up the front of the phone too much.

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
There's one color combo that has Rose Gold trim, another that just has Gold trim. I would've really liked a black phone with gold trim, but they didn't offer it, and I wouldn't have been patient enough to wait for it. I have a style shell & bumper on anyway.

YayTech - which bumper case are you using? I have been looking for a clear one but hadn't found a one yet (meaning a bumper-only, no back - something that would work well with a style shell but provide protection for the sides/corners and raise the screen up a bit if laid face down)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
YayTech - which bumper case are you using? I have been looking for a clear one but hadn't found a one yet (meaning a bumper-only, no back - something that would work well with a style shell but provide protection for the sides/corners and raise the screen up a bit if laid face down)
I'm using the glossy black Verizon bumper.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how to clean the red nylon shell?

I don't have the sleeve mine came in, so can't look there for instructions. Mine is still clean, since I don't use it, but if I were to try and clean it, I'd go with liquid dish or hand soap and soft type brush - maybe an old tooth brush - gentle scrubbing. Just a suggestion.

ETA - I would not try to clean it while it is on the phone

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I've been slow to respond, but wanted thank everyone for their input. I avoided the rose gold and got the lunar gray/black, which I like a lot. The crimson back looks really nice with it, a darker red. I like the included wood back a lot as well, FWIW. Having the option to switch is nice, I tend to use each one for a week and then switch and it feels different enough to be a new phone again.

The crimson back is collecting grime and other spots quickly.. I'll try cleaning it soon and report back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf