Came from a Galaxy S7 Edge...

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I can tell you that this phone is far superior to the S7 Edge. Build quality, at least to me, feels more premium in hand. The camera experience so far has exceeded what i had with the S7 Edge, because even though the S7 Edge took a great picture, it would never capture the finer details that really make a photo POP. This camera really makes photos look detailed. IMO the camera on the droid exceeds what Samsung currently offers. I feel reviews of the Samsung are somewhat biased. Battery life is MUCH much better. No wireless charging isn't a deal breaker because i never used it to begin with. Screen quality is on par with Samsung, and i do believe this screen looks nicer while playing extremely colourful content. To my eye, sitting next to each other, Motorola die a phenomenal job making this panel look as good as Samsung's.

Case in point, Motorola to me is back. My only gripe is the lack of headphone jack, but I'm learning to live with it and i actually enjoy the better audio quality that the S7 lacked. I'm very very pleased with this Moto Z force.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that this phone is far superior to the S7 Edge. Build quality, at least to me, feels more premium in hand. The camera experience so far has exceeded what i had with the S7 Edge, because even though the S7 Edge took a great picture, it would never capture the finer details that really make a photo POP. This camera really makes photos look detailed.

Yes, and I hope that Moto/Lenovo keeps the 21MP shooter on future releases of their phones. I love the fine detail available and the ability to crop photos.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had a bunch of phones. I currently have the Z force and a Pixel. I picked up an Iphone 7 plus yesterday and brought it home and tried it out. I've had Iphones before. Apple fanatics will think I'm nuts, but I really, really like the Z force much better than the 7 plus. First, the 7 plus, with a leather case on it is LARGE. The operating system is fine, but to me it is stale. I like the way Android works. The 7plus camera is very good, but so is the Z. The stereo speakers on the 7 plus are good, but not much better than the front facing speaker on the Z. My only reservation with the Z is what happens if it stops operating. With Apple you can bring it in and they either fix it or replace it. Of course you are paying through the nose for this service, but at least it is available. I'm pretty sure I will be bringing the 7 plus back. This Z is some phone.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had a bunch of phones. I currently have the Z force and a Pixel. I picked up an Iphone 7 plus yesterday and brought it home and tried it out. I've had Iphones before. Apple fanatics will think I'm nuts, but I really, really like the Z force much better than the 7 plus. First, the 7 plus, with a leather case on it is LARGE. The operating system is fine, but to me it is stale. I like the way Android works. The 7plus camera is very good, but so is the Z. The stereo speakers on the 7 plus are good, but not much better than the front facing speaker on the Z. My only reservation with the Z is what happens if it stops operating. With Apple you can bring it in and they either fix it or replace it. Of course you are paying through the nose for this service, but at least it is available. I'm pretty sure I will be bringing the 7 plus back. This Z is some phone.

Interesting, I also have access to a Z-Force, Pixel and iPhone 7 Plus. I like the Z-Force the best as an all round good phone. I think the Pixel's camera is vastly overrated. I had way too many halo or "cloudy" pictures with the Pixel. I am not anti-Apple and would consider using the iPhone I have (it is a 256GB) but I don't like how I have to use iTunes to even connect to my PC to move photos off phone. My main beef with the Z-Force is the base 32GB. Just not enough...and saving photos and videos to MicroSD, even a U3 card, isn't a good option because I've ran into reliability issues.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am not anti-Apple and would consider using the iPhone I have (it is a 256GB) but I don't like how I have to use iTunes to even connect to my PC to move photos off phone.

You can use Google Photos app to back up to Google Photos, or, if you want to stay Apple, you can turn on iPhoto Cloud Library to move the photos to iCloud (albeit you have to probably pay for more storage than the default free 5 GB account), or in the Photos setting on the phone you can turn on "Upload to my Photo Stream" which uploads 30 days worth of photos to iCloud, which can be downloaded from any other device connected to your iCloud account. Or, of course, you can create saved photo libraries and download the photos that way.