Nougat please...

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
When the heck is our chance to get Nougat and new security update? I'm on the unlocked Moto Z Play. Been checking their website and update still says pending. Even though the Force and Moto Z are getting it, they say pending too.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hoping for N soon too. I thought all Z phones will get it by end of December. Been switching between my Z Play and Nexus 5x. Man is 7.1.1 nice. I'm hoping Moto doesn't abandon updates after 7.0. Personally I'd rather wait longer and get 7.1.1 for the Z Play.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the Force and a family member has the Play. Almost wish I never upgrade to 7.0. Lost the ability to do a few things with the upgrade.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry the forum rules don't allow me to be specific.
I'll just say I have an unlimited date plan and should be able to use my data anyway I want.
It wasn't a "feature" so to speak.

I will say we swapped out sim cards and made it work.

Last edited:

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I'll just say I have an unlimited date plan and should be able to use my data anyway I want.

Sounds like something dodgy is going on which Google has blocked in Nougat.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When the heck is our chance to get Nougat and new security update? I'm on the unlocked Moto Z Play. Been checking their website and update still says pending. Even though the Force and Moto Z are getting it, they say pending too.

Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid I believe use the same firmware (at least, they're versioned the same). Moto Z Play Droid, Moto Z Play, and Moto Z are all on different tracks too.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Or you could pay for the feature like you agreed to. Tethering was a paid feature way back when unlimited plans were sold. It's not like they bait and switched you.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Hm a new security update I got a few days ago, but didn't install it.
Will stay on july patch until I hear about an update which is bug free (notification volume low etc)

Not want mess around with my phone, as far as i know july patch is the best OS , that's why i disable all update services.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I cam see lots of people mentioning it, but I don't have any issues with notification volume.

I assume you've checked all 3 volumes are set high in settings?

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I cam see lots of people mentioning it, but I don't have any issues with notification volume.

I assume you've checked all 3 volumes are set high in settings?

I'm not experiencing this issue either. Neither is my son. We're on the October security patch.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not experiencing this issue either. Neither is my son. We're on the October security patch.

i still have no idea. I just know that I was reading here in this forum that if

"I am one of the lucky ones still on july patch without any bugs I should disable my moto update system service in apps immediately"

And that's what I did.

My OS is running perfectly fine no need to update anything and should stay that way.

As far as I know, if I update to october or december or ( whatever my updates are )... I can't roll back.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
i still have no idea. I just know that I was reading here in this forum that if

"I am one of the lucky ones still on july patch without any bugs I should disable my moto update system service in apps immediately"

And that's what I did.

My OS is running perfectly fine no need to update anything and should stay that way.

As far as I know, if I update to october or december or ( whatever my updates are )... I can't roll back.

Only the August security update is claimed to have this issue, yet no one I've seen claiming to suffer this supposed issue has confirmed they've checked all 3 volume settings.

I'm now on August and don't have any issues at all.

Remember these are SECURITY updates. Ignoring them leaves you open to a number of nasty flaws.

NX1977

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Seems the October update is a prerequisite for Nougat.

As I only got August a week ago, I'm hoping my UK unlocked device will see it before Christmas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95