Battery Life

icebun

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I am a Blackberry user and am normally found at Crackberry.com

However I am thinking of getting a Defy but am worried about stories relating to very short battery life (no more than a day at best).

Has anyone got a Defy out there who can comment on this?

Is there an extended battery option available?

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I can make it a day with moderate to heavy use. The battery is good for an android device but do not expect Blackberry like battery preformance.

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
When you are comparing battery life make sure it is "apples to apples".

A plain phone will have a much better battery life than an Android phone running the cellular radio, plus the WiFi radio, plus the Bluetooth radio, plus the GPS, all at the same time as multiple applications and a big display screen.

Turn off the radios that you don't need, and all of a sudden the battery life goes up. On all of these new phones.

None of them is great because everyone wants a tiny phone, and the bottom line is that high capacity batteries won't be tiny.

johnyguy#AC

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
you no suppose to compare a blackberry to a android phone you

get a bigger screen and much more than a blackberry i know im comeing from one
and consider this the defy has a 1500mah battery with it 3,7 screen some of the bigger phones with the 4in- 4,3in screen dont even has a 1500mah batt so it has to be last longer ,im very happy with it last all day what more you can expect , the big phones you have to charge it durring the day , its also depends on the usage i mean when im on a phone call just makeing calls with my BT this thing is last forever ,

like we Defy users has the advantage of the bigger than usaul battery with a smaller screen i think its a great package

Hamersticks

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a BB 9700 to the Defy. It is my primary phone, I run WiFi and GPS non-stop and get about 36 hours between charges.
I asked at the T-Mo store and there is no extended battery.

Pirmas

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

DerekCA

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life has been great for me.

If you want to improve your battery life, get rid of your widgets and turn down the frequency that programs update. I can easily get a full day.

I am at 12h31m since unplugged and I have 51% remaining. I don't think the battery life could get any better.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Friend of mine has has a Sprint HTC EVO SHIFT. His battery life has always been much shorter tham mine. We both have the same phone. we were at the Huntsville Hamfest this weekend and he was complaining about his battery life and another friend asked him if his phone was HOT when he went to use it! The answer was yes! Second friend told him the magnetic catch on his case was turning ON his phone. We played with his phone and case and found out this is true! If he put his phone in the case face out it would come on when he closed the case. If he put it in face in, it did not come ON!

I always carry mine face IN and he always carried his face OUT. Not any more!!!!!

We are both using a horizontal belt case with a magnetic closer.

I have never seen this mentioned on any Android sight before and I hope this information helps others with battery problems!

hellosailor

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting concept but generally, AFAIK, none of the "candy bar" phones use magnets.

Flip phones typically use a magnet to sense when the "lid" is open and turn on the phone, as do laptop computers. The old Startacs did this too.

But since neither the Defy nor the Evo is a flip phone, I doubt a case magnet makes any difference. If you want to be sure, then you take a small magnet (refrigerator magnet, etc.) and run it around over the phone, looking for a magic hot spot that turns on the phone.

I doubt you'll find one in any "candy bar" phone, i.e. in any Android.

pemarchon

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Defy with CM7. Battery Life doesn't last more than a day. I have my phone up since 7:00 am with data activated and GPS. I you have a medium use, it will last you up to night, otherwise don't expect miracles. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87