What does this error mean??

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi for the past week or so I have been getting the following error on my Droid 2 running VZW OS. "The application Google services framework (process com.Google.Process.Gapps) has stopped unexpectedly." It primarily happens when I am going to make a phone call but I have also gotten the error when going into text messages or emails. To make the matter worse it seems when I go into my contacts they are all gone and the only way to make them appear again is to reset my phone. This is starting to get annoying. Can anyone help?? Thanks

OC

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What system version does your phone say it has should end in 20. But that's an odd problem. Factory reset if that doesn't work take it to vzw.
And it means one of your google apps have crashed or fc think its the contact application that is doing it

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
As long as you have decent signal you can wipe and restore easily just sign into your google account and all your apps come back you will just have to resign into your other accounts. But if that doesn't work then take it to vzw because something is missing or wrong with your system image