Unsyncing Facebook from Contacts

fouryearbender

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know a way to keep your facebook and twitter account completely out of your contacts on the Droid 2? It's driving me crazy, and all of the simple fixes don't seem to be working.

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Coming from the D1, I was able to tell the Facebook client that I only wanted to sync up with existing contacts. The D2 client does not have that option on the account settings, that I have been able to locate so far.

So now, instead of the 160 some contacts I had, I now have over 400 contacts to have to sort through. Not only is this mundane, but at times my contact list will lock while it loads up pics, status, etc. It takes me close to 1 minute to place a call. This is one of the downfalls of the D2 that is really aggravating.

Love the phone. I hope this is something that is just ME overlooking a setting rather than a drawback of the phone.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh man, good luck.. that's what killed my D2. It put all of my 500+ Twitter contacts in there and even when I tried to unlink my Twitter from my phone in every possible way, it wouldn't delete any of the contacts. Because the contact list was so long (or just because I had a sh-t battery) it always locked up when it tried to load my list. Sigh. A hard reset is all I can suggest to fix your problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana