3g tether

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
on my droid 2 there is the option for the 3g tether, like there is on every droid 2, lol. I thought when this was turned on it was suppose to take you to a web page to sign up for the service, well mine turned on and worked fine didn't take me anywhere or ask me to sign up. I am concerned that now I am simply going to have a bill that is 30 dollars more because I did this. Will vzw simply add $30 to my bill and not tell me? or did I somehow find a loophole.

nfalbo

Sep 24, 2010
twitter.com
Call customer service and make sure you are not being billed for it. I don't think it takes you to a sign up page it just works out of the box. I know with my blackberry when i added a premium service like vznavigator it didnt ask me to sign up it just said that i would incur a monthly fee and went along working. Verizon is kind of sneaky with their services and do not always give you the heads up that you are being charged fir them when you use them. Look at people with dumb phones that got charged for mobile web when they were not trying to use it but accidently opened the browser. I rooted my Droid 2 and downloaded a wifi tether app for free. If you need to have that option just do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38