Random Droid 2 Slowness

brentx22

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Droid 2 for about 4 months. It was a warranty replacement for my Droid 1 (from Verizon). Verizon refuses to replace it because the warranty does not extend with a new device.

It was fine for a bit and then about a month ago it would randomly start acting up.

What it does:

1) Touch screen is only partially responsive. It also acts as if it isn't calibrated if it does manage to register my touch.

2) Vibration stops working - For instance, when I unlock the phone by swiping it I would usually feel a vibration.

3) Any apps I have open (Games, Pandora, ect) slow down - ex. Songs will skip/stutter in Pandora.

4) Signal goes down to 0 or 1 bar. Not sure how the WiFi adapter responds.

I don't know of any way to fix it. Pulling the battery does not fix it. I don't think it's a matter of being too hot because the sensor says it's only 35C. I've also pulled the battery and let it sit on top of my computer case fan for 5 minutes and booted it up and it still acts up. With that being said, I don't think heat is a factor. Sometimes it will be warm to the touch near the camera (i'm assuming that is where the CPU is located) even when it's working properly but I have confirmed that sometimes when it acts up it feels like it's room temperature.

The only thing I can do is wait it out. Usually it will be fine after several restarts/battery pulls or if I let it sit for 5-10 minutes.

Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo