Is the ICS update worth it?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been postponing the update for a few days now after reading the many issue threads. I love ICS and JB, and roms don't work with data that well yet, or would the wait for the new kexec solution be worth the wait?

And I think I might just miss Gingerbread, lol.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a droid 4 but my father in law does and he has it updated to ICS, has had no issues but I think it came preloaded on his? Not for sure but I think so. Anyway, hasn't had any issues with it but has only had the phone for a few weeks. Seems to be a solid phone, like my s3 better :p but he is happy. Hope that helps some.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with mine since going to ICS. I'd had ICS on my Transformer tablets for quite some time and had come to really like it, and I personally think that it makes teh D4 much better. I know some people have had issues after the upgrade, but I haven't.

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
You have to do a factory data reset and allow it to reformat your SD card, or you will have problems.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
NO NO NO it is horrible, read the many posts about all of the issues, battery drain, horrible data speeds, email issues, social integration taking over everything, black email background, and not able to change it... The list goes on...

Update at your own risk... I'm trying to figure out how to go back.

"You have to do a factory data reset and allow it to reformat your SD card, or you will have problems. " - What is that about I have never heard this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty