Worth The Upgrade?... Z Fold 4 to Z Fold 5

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
A Z Fold 5 sits in my cart, and I'm truly curious how the F5 compares to the F4. Initially I had no intentions on upgrading, but I keep seeing reviews on better camera, battery, hardware, etc... Most due to processor. For those they have/had both what is the difference? Worth the upgrade? .... I need to know by 8/10...so if you could use it right away that would be great!!! Lol...Woooo!!!!

*I know many don't have it yet, so I'll patiently wait.....

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Almost certainly not. But realistically, people won't be able to tell how worth it the upgrade is until they are running the same software.

The camera, for example. Apparently they have eliminated the shutter lag that many have complained about in the past. However, if that was down to the SoC and not the software, it would already be gone on the S23 series.

Reactions: J Dubbs and The_Woo

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks..... I've watched a few of these type videos.

Always like to hear consumer feedback as well.

Some of these YouTubers I take with a grain of salt
In that case, IMHO, having used the Fold5 for 3 days, side-by-side with the Fold4, it all comes down to how much you are willing to pay for the subtle differences between the two. I set the Fold5 up using Smart Switch, first time ever, and whilst it is too soon to judge battery life I can say that the hinge feels better and the crease is slightly less noticeable. As I class myself as a, "Happy Snapper", I can detect no big difference in photos or videos.

Yesterday I was showing off my new phone to a friend and only realised when he turned it over that the flash was underneath the cameras and I had in fact handed him my Fold4 by mistake.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
In that case, IMHO, having used the Fold5 for 3 days, side-by-side with the Fold4, it all comes down to how much you are willing to pay for the subtle differences between the two. I set the Fold5 up using Smart Switch, first time ever, and whilst it is too soon to judge battery life I can say that the hinge feels better and the crease is slightly less noticeable. As I class myself as a, "Happy Snapper", I can detect no big difference in photos or videos.

Yesterday I was showing off my new phone to a friend and only realised when he turned it over that the flash was underneath the cameras and I had in fact handed him my Fold4 by mistake.
Right on!! Congrats! And thanks for the feedback.

Notice any improvement with shutter lag? Or is it the same?

"Subtle" differences is what I'm hearing too between the two. Curious if others are going to feel the same when they get their 5s also.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Me too upgraded from Fold 4 to Fold 5
Better battery
Better camera
1750 nits brightness
Better hinge
Light weight
Better S pen
And got great deals
Excited to receive my Fold 5
Fold phones really helps with my work
Can't think a candy bar phone can ever do what a Fold does
Using S23 ultra as personal phone
And My old S10+ as my work phone
Need Fold 5 now

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
where are these promo codes coming from?! that's the real question! lol samsung customer service issued?
These are not referral links, FYI....

If they work great!!! Some may not

Q5B5RESWEB (website only), Q5B5RESSHOPAPP (app only)
5AZWB4H9OF
LTU9B4PJ4A (may be a one time use)

Also, AAA gives 10% off and Rakuten gives 12% money back

I used my work discount, but was able to bundle with a few codes and AAA

Good luck!!!

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
This is what enthusiasts are about. We're just bad influencers, aren't we? LOL
LOL!!!

I read you guys talking about them and your excitement and I get jealous

Plus my wife has a hair appointment, so I get to buy something expensive

For all you guys, never reference your wife's hair as an iphone. Last time she got it colored and cut, I told her it looks the same...just like an iphone every year!! ... Couch for the week........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000