Worth The Upgrade?... Z Fold 4 to Z Fold 5

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I never ever thought I was gonna get a fold. I went Into the Samsung store wanting to get an s22ultra 512gb but they were all out of stock so I opted for my 2nd choice a fold4 Instead. Main device for texting calling. Razr+. Fold4 for media, booking client Appts, client files,and streaming. Love using the 2 devices. Great productivity tool. I'll always use a fold now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1raygin

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Cracked 21U....600!!!
bb9ccbbb0338fb492f99c90339502e0e.jpg
They definitely upped the value on the cracked devices because it wasn't that high for an S21U during pre order. I don't have any cracked devices, but did check them out because I'm always curious .

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I never ever thought I was gonna get a fold. I went Into the Samsung store wanting to get an s22ultra 512gb but they were all out of stock so I opted for my 2nd choice a fold4 Instead. Main device for texting calling. Razr+. Fold4 for media, booking client Appts, client files,and streaming. Love ya inf the 2 devices. Great productivity tool. I'll always use a fold now.
It's just something about the flip form factor for everyday use. I remember when the flips first came out I was like I'd never use one for real those are for women who want a small phone, but here I am now on my 3rd flip (the flip 5) not knowing how I'd go back to a standard phone as a my daily driver. I like my fold and S23U, but I love the lightweight and
and compactness of the flip series.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
They definitely upped the value on the cracked devices because it wasn't that high for an S21U during pre order. I don't have any cracked devices, but did check them out because I'm always curious .
Curiosity got the best of me.....so I checked Mercari and saw some cracked s21ultras selling for 125-150........you know where I'm going with this....

For next time of course

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
It's just something about the flip form factor for everyday use. I remember when the flips first came out I was like I'd never use one for real those are for women who want a small phone, but here I am now on my 3rd flip (the flip 5) not knowing how I'd go back to a standard phone as a my daily driver. I like my fold and S23U, but I love the lightweight and
and compactness of the flip series.
Same here hence I use a flip and fold.lovvve the form factor!.......However the pixel fold with its aspect ratio also piqued my interest sucks not avail in Canada!

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here hence I use a flip and fold.loce the form factor........however the pixel fold with its aspect ratio also piqued my interest sucks not avail in Canada!
When I bought my Flip 4, one of my female friends said "oh, is this the phone facebook has been advertising to me as the perfect phone for busy career women?" lol.

I'm thinking if the Z Fold 6 takes on the Pixel fold form factor I might actually go for one. I'm not wasting that kind of money on a Pixel device though.

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
Agreed love the Pixel Fold. With SD Gen 2 it would be my preferred Foldable over Fold 5. Personally, wish Samsung makes little wider front display for next year.
Do you really think Samsung will ever veer away from the current design language to widen the outer fold screen!?

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Do you really think Samsung will veer away from the current design language to widen the outer fold screen!?
Probably not but it is the most often requested change that is made on all the forums that I visit. They will have to think long and hard about it next year after Google has got over its teething problems with the Pixel Fold. Indications are that OnePlus are going with the Samsung tall & thin on their upcoming OnePlus Open (nee V Fold). It has been stated that Samsung want us to use their Fold phones, primarily, open. My view is that I want to be able to use it open or closed and whilst I have adapted to Samsung's tall & thin, I would prefer the Google approach. Only time will tell.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The Pixel style form factor would definitely make me consider a Z Fold 6... they also need an internal S-Pen that works on the outer screen.

With Samsungs snail paced "inovation" though, we will be looking at the Z Fold 8 at the minimum before all 3 of those things are realised.

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Probably not but it is the most often requested change that is made on all the forums that I visit. They will have to think long and hard about it next year after Google has got over its teething problems with the Pixel Fold. Indications are that OnePlus are going with the Samsung tall & thin on their upcoming OnePlus Open (nee V Fold). It has been stated that Samsung want us to use their Fold phones, primarily, open. My view is that I want to be able to use it open or closed and whilst I have adapted to Samsung's tall & thin, I would prefer the Google approach. Only time will tell.
Newest rumor is that they are going closer to the GPF design on the OnePlus Open

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter