| || |
A bevy of odd quirks I've found
Let me preface by saying I love this phone. Coming off several years of iOS (last used android in 2011) it's light years ahead. However, there are some oddities I just don't get. I don't know if these are Android bugs, Maxx bugs, a combination of the two or "features":
* Videos play in Gallery app, but no thumbnails are shown. I have to find them first in ES file explorer or Quickpic and then open them. What? This is after multiple rescans of media (more on that in a bit).
* No way to change the wireless charging sound.
* Motorola connect lets you reply to single senders but not multiple via computer.
* No automatic compressing of videos to send over MMS. What year is this? And no, I can't convince my 60 year old mother to download a special app for MMS or open an email every time I want to send a video of my niece. Why can't it just compress and send?
* Facebook contact sync flat out doesn't work. Had to download a separate app.
* Won't let you use the default mail program for gmail. Have to download a separate app (pretty sure this affects all Android phones, but what a silly requirement).
* There is no good way to sync contacts or calendars with Windows 8. Tried manual exchange setup against outlook.com and it only syncs down, not back up to the cloud. What? (Ended up going with a weird Google account/outlook.com hybrid approach).
* OK Google now won't create entries to the calendar you want, only Google's (despite the fact the calendar app remembers the last calendar you used).
* Can't tell Android to rescan media without separate app. Shouldn't this be a setting somewhere?
*Seems to be no way to mark multiple entries read in so the standard mail app (although maybe I'm just missing something).