GPS Performance

Barry Adler

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone used the Droid Maxx as a GPS for long trips in a car? I use my current Droid X2 this way, in a holder attached to the windshield, powered by lighter outlet, and it works fine, without overheating excessively. Will the same be true for the Droid Maxx?

regateir

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have not used it in the car but I use it as a GPS in an armband case for lung runs of 2.5 hours and it does not get overly hot compared to others I have had.

Posted via Android Central App

kurpaige

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I used it from va to de and it didn't get hot at all compared to the s4. I was able to use it as soon as I got there without thinking about it being hot or anything like that. Was surprised actually.

Sent from my XT1080

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used the Droid Maxx as a GPS for long trips in a car? I use my current Droid X2 this way, in a holder attached to the windshield, powered by lighter outlet, and it works fine, without overheating excessively. Will the same be true for the Droid Maxx?

i've used it to navigate for 3-4 hours while streaming pandora from 4g over bluetooth. it did get hot, but everything worked the whole time (gps, 4g, buetooth). hard to say if it was "excessive." it was also plugged in to a usb charger the whole time - so that probably produced more heat than anything.

dwz07

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I used it yesterday for a 4 hour trip from FL to GA on back roads with 3G/1x coverage areas while streaming Google Play music and the highest temp I noticed was 95 degrees (I have it in an otterbox commuter case)