Pictures not coming through on Maxx

mharvey1001

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I am getting pictures that a friend sends me via iPhone as a 20 second video with the picture becoming visible about half way through. Anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The sender is probably sending them as a slide show. It has happened to me and I asked the sender to resend as individual pictures.It corrected the issue

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am getting pictures that a friend sends me via iPhone as a 20 second video with the picture becoming visible about half way through. Anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it?

In the message, just to the left of the square, you can long-press and a menu will pop up. You can press save attachment and they will copy down to the download folder on the phone.

Also, if you just press play on the slide show, you can quickly tap the screen. This will expose rewind, pause, and forward controls, so you can pause the slideshow, then press forward to get to the photo(s).

Yes, it's annoying.

You can also start Hangouts and there should be an option to make Hangouts your SMS/mms app. I understand if you do this that these photo slide shows are just photos, but I'm not sure about that, because I'm still using the stock messaging app.