scratched screen :(

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So I lightly dropped my phone on tile and I picked it up and there's a scratch along the left of the screen its really thin and not that noticible on darker screens but on a white screen its bright as day so my question is will Verizon fix this for me or how else can I fix this

Posted via Android Central App

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Damage is generally not covered by the standard warranty. If you have the "insurance" Verizon sells, they would swap your phone out for the deductible.

Alternatives: (1) Go pay full retail for a new phone. (2) If you have a line eligible for upgrade, I think the Maxx is down to $149 on a two-year contract. (3) Craigslist, swappa, e-bay, etc. (4) Live with it.

What happened to you is why some people have screen protectors and/or cases.

Posted from my XT1080M

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There are places that replace screens and glass. Price can vary. The glass on a friends HTC phone had to be replaced and there were companies that made replacement glass, so it was around $100. One of my nieces had a Samsung Stratosphere and since the only place you can get glass is from Samsung, and they aren't cheap, the replacement cost was around $275. The glass is usually more expensive that the screen itself. My old Droid Incredible needed the amoled screen replaced, and it cost around $75.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there any possible way to fix it

Echoing what vzwuser76 said, there are cell phone service/repair places. Depending on where you are located, there may be one or more
One brand I have seen, but not used, is "CPR" Cell Phone Repair. If you are in or near a college town, you might find more than one.

If they can repair it, they will replace the screen. There is no way that I know of to fix a scratch in Gorilla Glass.

Posted from my XT1080M

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I looked it up and I saw that on Motorola . com it says for a year after my phone is purchased I can send it into them and they can fix it so should I contact them

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You can try it - and I would, too - the worst they can do is say, "no, damage isn't covered under the warranty."

Last edited:

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
A wet apply screen protector like zag invisible shield will often mask light scratches. If it is deep, then it may not. Cost $20 at best buy and they will install it for another $7.