AOD Discoloration

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone seeing a weird discoloration on their AOD, specifically on the left side of the display? It doesn't' happen all the time, mostly when AOD turns on in a darker room. But occasionally I see a pinkish hue on the left side of the AOD ... No other display issues that I'm noticing on this area of the screen so I'm not overly concerned about it. Just odd.

1325455555.jpg

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the discolouration you're getting - could be a defective unit?

My issue is that my AoD isn't....always on. I'll turn the screen off, then the AoD shows up, then it just vanishes in a second and I get a completely bank screen. Don't know what casues it, I've gone into the settings to make sure AoD is on, and it does show the AoD for a second before it vanishes.

Very annoying bug as I use my phone as my clock when I sleep and glance over at it, but the screen is off, so I have to reach over and press power to wake it up so I can see the time.

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Although it may be a flaw, it looks kinda cool if u like ombre! Samsung's aod has the blending colors as an option, so I thought that was intentional til I read your post. My P8P isn't doing that though.

Reactions: YankInDaSouth

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seeing a weird discoloration on their AOD, specifically on the left side of the display? It doesn't' happen all the time, mostly when AOD turns on in a darker room. But occasionally I see a pinkish hue on the left side of the AOD ... No other display issues that I'm noticing on this area of the screen so I'm not overly concerned about it. Just odd.

View attachment 356680
Try a different color like green and see if is the same

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 356680
Sounds like you're not the only one.

Reactions: mustang7757

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the same AOD issue on my P8P. I contacted Google, via chat, sent them a few pics I took with my other phone, and they said send it to them. 3 days later I received a new phone.
ae291fa3e24e356a6e2f087bbf9a66b8.jpg