Camera quick action

Einsteindks

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Depends; Is the phone on already? Maybe I just want to wake up the phone without pressing any buttons.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

AustinAggie

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone prefer to use the camera app icon vs shaking the phone to access the quick action function?

I hid my camera icon in a folder in the app drawer just to force me to make the switch to using the wrist gesture, and that was a good decision. Very easy and quick to do regardless of if you are locked or not, and that frees up space to keep my home screen / launcher less cluttered.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine why. We have the fastest camera access on the planet now. I show it to the iheads and they go, uh, I can get to mine fast, too. But no one will actually do it with me, ha.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The wrist shake doesn't always work for me. Tapping the icon when the phone is on always does. So, I shae and hope it works when the phone's display is powered off, and usually tap the icon if the phone is sitting at a home screen.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have never been able to get the wrist twist to work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Is there a trick to it?

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have never been able to get the wrist twist to work. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Is there a trick to it?

My best advise I can give is to use a motion like you are opening a door, but snap your wrist quickly. 60% of the time, it works every time.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my phone, because there is nothing I can do to activate the camera by twisting or shaking the phone.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my phone, because there is nothing I can do to activate the camera by twisting or shaking the phone.

Go into the camera app and pull the wheel out from the left with all the settings. Go to the bottom and make sure the button with the little hand holding the phone is pressed, and the color is blue. If it's not blue, then it's disabled. Honestly, there was a period where it worked between 75-80% of the time for me. I don't know if I just got used to it or not, but it works for me like 99% of the time now.

One thing I noticed when I first started trying it, is I felt a little awkward doing it because I thought I looked funny. Now I don't care, and just commit with a more aggressive double twist, and it works nearly without fail.

It makes accessing the camera virtually instantaneous. I love it.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried enabling and disabling Quick Capture a few times, and I can shake my phone all day and no camera.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried to twist and shake it every which way. I can't get it to go into camera even once. There must be something wrong.

kkhanmd

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Works really good for me and so fast access. Make sure the screen goes facing the floor to ceiling back to floor back to ceiling. Make it fast and have the phone off and it works almost all the time

Posted via Android Central App

Colvin99

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I love this feature as I can launch my camera without even looking at my phone. As often as I take pictures it's one of my favorite features!

When I was learning how to properly launch, I had a difficult time getting it to work until I "snapped" my wrist. You can't shake, or just flip, you have to "snap" it each way.

Posted via Android Central App

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I tried to twist and shake it every which way. I can't get it to go into camera even once. There must be something wrong.

Are you doing it twice, quickly? Always works on my phone.

Edit: saw your later message and apparently you figured it out.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid MAXX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87