Pebble Battery Drain

sddenizen

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Pebble Steel and, while I like the watch, I find that the battery in my Maxx drains quickly and barely makes it through the day. Are others experiencing this same problem?

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the original Pebble and by and large, that hasn't been my experience.

Battery life has lots of variables, but after a year of wearing my Pebble every day I can't say that I've detected a consistent pattern of noticeably shorter phone battery life. That said, this is based upon my usage of both devices and does not necessarily translate to yours.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Pebble Steel and, while I like the watch, I find that the battery in my Maxx drains quickly and barely makes it through the day. Are others experiencing this same problem?

Yep, I have the first Pebble and since using it most of the time the phone's battery is not as good. Some day I'm going to try to go a day without it and see if there is a significant difference. That said, I always get through a day with the phone with plenty of battery to spare and I usually have opportunities to plug the phone in, so I'm fine.

P-raggles

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I pair with a Sony Smartwatch 2 and I do notice a drain but I still get around 19-20 hours. I think its the constant Bluetooth pairing. That said having the "trusted device" and thus no lock for instant access makes it worth it. The Sony has been good to... Had it a year and no problems to report.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Since both the Maxx and the Pebble support Bluetooth 4LE, the constant connection shouldn't drain that much. However the actual data transfer for notifications and other sorts of things (Glance for example) can start to add up.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk