Deciding between the HTC M8 and Droid Maxx

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the M8 about 10 days ago. I was torn between that and the Maxx. The M8 is a good phone but I think the Maxx is too. I have three more days to decide to keep the M8 or switch it out for the Maxx.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
It's likely that there's a replacement for the Maxx coming next month so if you're even somewhat on the fence about the m8 I'd think about returning it and then waiting to see about the new Droids (moto has an announcement Sept 4, for the new moto x and moto g, and hopefully they may mention the new Droids there) rather than switch to a one year old device with only 16 gb of storage (about 10 available after the os and pre-installed apps.)

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a hard time thinking of a feature that beats having a battery that still has a decent charge at the end of a day of heavy use. Not having to think about your battery is a HUGE benefit.

From an overview of the M8's features, it looks like the main benefits are a higher resolution screen (which you'd be hard-pressed to notice), dual speakers (the MAXX is plenty loud, and it's not like phone speakers are going to sound truly good, just less crappy), and maybe a better camera? Everyone has their own priorities, so you've gotta decide for yourself, but for me the larger battery trumps those other features.

JFH8

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I second Yaytech's comments. Also, the camera on my Maxx was improved by the 4.4.4 software update.

Posted via the Android Central App

grumpyalbertm

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Maxx last week and my son got the M8. I like both But was kind of thinking of staying with the Maxx, i still have about 7 days left to decide.
I picked up the M8 about 10 days ago. I was torn between that and the Maxx. The M8 is a good phone but I think the Maxx is too. I have three more days to decide to keep the M8 or switch it out for the Maxx.