Is my phone haunted?

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never had this happen with any phone. I was reading a news article and my phone started ringing. The really weird part was that the incoming call was from my own phone. I answered it and of course no one was there. A few seconds later the call terminated on its own. Very weird. I've never seen a phone spontaneously call itself.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Caller ID faking apps are a dime a dozen. Any "friend" (I wouldn't call it friendly, though) could call you using your own number for the caller ID, wait until you picked up, then disconnected.

I believe in rational explanations, not woo.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The "haunted" suggestion was meant as a joke. Unfortunately, satire is not easily expressed or perceived on an internet forum. I don't know anyone who would do that to me, nor would there be any purpose in it. If you knew me, you would agree. I firmly believe the phone spontaneously called itself, for unknown reasons. Weird glitch.....

bergys

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I know this is splitting hairs and don't take it too seriously but when your phone rang and the caller id said it was your number, someone was there. You.

bergys

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I personally think the maxx was rushed to hit a deadline. Just look at the specs. I'll give them credit for what they tried to do with it, (I really liked the moto stuff, and how clean the is is) but at the time it seemed like they were trying to rationalize the 720 display. It makes my eyes hurt now, looking at my wife's compared to my turbo. And the x8 "computing system" was just marketing shenanigans. Just call it a dual core with a couple low power co-processers and a quad core adreno. ) but they wanted to change the direction the company was headed and the maxx, in hindsight, came out a little flat.