Can't get rid of annoying WiFi dialog

Andy88488

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

My Maxx recently died. It wouldn't pick up CDMA signals at all. Verizon sent me a new, refurbished one.

It works reasonably well, but when I am not connected to Wifi and I open an app, I get this dialog:

Screenshot_2015-02-19-13-10-31.png

I know that you get that on brand new phones, and you can turn it off, but I've turned off every Wifi setting I can find, and it still pops up. Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Screenshot_2015-02-20-11-16-28.png

Can anyone please help me get rid of this annoying dialog box?

Thanks,

Andy

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That's weird - I never see that. My settings are the same as yours.

Since it happens when you open apps, what are your location settings set to? Settings , location, mode? Or, to see if it's a location thing, try toggling location off and see if you get the same dialog box...

Andy88488

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I thought I had set everything up in order to turn it off. My location mode is set to High Accuracy. I can set it to GPS only and see what happens.

Andy88488

May 20, 2014
Visit site
That's weird - I never see that. My settings are the same as yours.

Since it happens when you open apps, what are your location settings set to? Settings , location, mode? Or, to see if it's a location thing, try toggling location off and see if you get the same dialog box...

Nope, setting Location Mode to dumbest (Device Only) didn't help. The prompt still came up.

Andy88488

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe try a factory reset and set everything up again, since it's a new phone in the last few days anyway.

It's no longer a new phone. I've had it for maybe a month. I hate, hate, hate Factory Resets. I have to say that this is one place that Apple really does MUCH better than Android. When I had to rebuild my iPad, EVERYTHING came back. All of my programs, all of my icons, all of my data. It even saved my progress in my games.

I guess there's no other option, if I want to fix this. But man, I just HAD an FDR when I got this thing. Is there any reason to think that this will fix it?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking there's some weird setting, perhaps from an app.

That would be the problem with an ios style restore in this case - you replicate everything, including the problem.

If it was me I'd bite the bullet and factory reset *without* doing an automatic restore and set it up again from scratch, going into the play store to reinstall apps one by one.

The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall apps in bunches of three and see if removing apps removes the message. If so, it was caused by one of those three apps. If not, it wasn't, and you can install them back again.

I've gone through every wifi setting I can find on the Maxx and can see nothing that suggests anything are seeing, and, as I said, I've never seen that on my Droid Maxx before.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38