Trouble Sending Texts

SamisAlwaysWrite

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
This problem started a week ago and I can't figure out how to solve it. I was visiting NY and I was having a lot of trouble sending texts. Instead of showing a sent time, they would say "sending" for 10-20 minutes after I press send. Sometimes I would get a reply to a text that was still "sending" and sometimes I wouldn't, so I was never actually sure if they were going through or not. If I double texted, it seemed to trigger something and both would show a time stamp. I thought the issue was just from being in NY, but I came home and I'm having the same issue.

Now, not only am I getting the same "sending" problem, but the messaging app is crashing practically every time I send a text. I tried deleting some old text conversations, but they won't delete. I tried clearing cache data, and that doesn't seem to be doing anything (I press clear and nothing happens). I really can't afford a new phone, and I would like to keep everything on this phone (photos, apps, notes, etc.) so I don't just want to clear it out unless I absolutely have to.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Stock messaging app. Like I said, trying to clear the cache doesn't seem to do anything. I click on it and nothing happens.

It sounded like you were only trying to clear the app cache in the Settings>App menu. If that's the case, then it's different from the system cache partition, which is what I suggested above.

If you were in fact trying to clear the cache partition, be aware that some phones seem to do it very quickly (as if nothing happened at all), while others take upwards of 5-10 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress