need HELP...ASAP

AuxiliaryPie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys im in a pickle that im hoping isnt so bad...
I rooted to the latest version of Cyanogen all fine and dandy, and just installed Chevyno1's 1.0ghz kernel via the Update.zip method and apparently that is conflicting with something because when i boot up and unlock the phone EVERYTHING constantly force closes (launcher being the biggest lol). is there a way out of this? im thinking i need to flash an .sbf file?? but i dont want to mess anything else up lol so any and all help is GREATLY appreciated

AuxiliaryPie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i went to Cyanogen through rom manager OTA so i dont think there is another rom on the sd card, if there is i cant find it/dont know what to look for using clockwork

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm not an expert at what it does, but I think it clears a bunch of files that may be conflicting with the new ROM. It definitely doesn't revert you back to your previous ROM. I just know when I experienced similar problems, it was because I didn't check the checkboxes when asked if I wanted to do a factory reset and wipe data. When I went back and did those 2 things, my problem went away.

R

Roy Aguilera

What rom did you come from? If you came from Cyanogen to a newer version of Cyanogen you should not be having said issues. If you came from a different rom (stock, BB, UD...ect) you need to wipe.
You will have to reset everything up (setting) and redownload your apps. You should go ahead and wipe. That should solve your issues.

Last edited:

AuxiliaryPie

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What rom did you come from? If you came from Cyanogen to a newer version of Cyanogen you should not be having said issues. If you came from a different rom (stock, BB, UD...ect) you need to wipe.
You will have to reset everything up (setting) and redownload your apps. You should go ahead and wipe. That should solve your issues.

proceeded with the wipe, selected reboot after it was successful and now im stuck at the Motorola logo...not good :/

R

Roy Aguilera

Pull the battery and let it reboot again. The first boot takes a minute.
If not (I'm sure you have the Clockwork recovery still) boot into recovery, select install zip from sd, then select zip from sd and open up the clockwork mod folder. find the folder that has the latest (guessing you used Cyanogen 5.0.6.2) clockwork update zip. reinstall it.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Dude you went to far out of your way the sbf was not needed. I guess it's a learning experience for next time all that was requires was to wipe data and cache. Go to mount options format system. Then go install zip choose zip. Clockwork download koush Rom raid. Install the Rom. Roy told you all that you needed to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd