Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GINGERBREAD has been booted on a Droid!!

well here it is, the first version of 2.3 out for the D1.

[ROM] Gingerbread for Droid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

as with the galaxy s version, it is pretty buggy and missing functions abound, but if you just want to play around with it, go ahead, but make a backup first!!!

for those of you, like me, who want to wait for a more stable version; take this as a great sign that we will be getting unofficial Gingerbread very soon!
    Motorola Droid, Viewsonic G-Tablet, Logitech Revue, HTC Thunderbolt, B&N Nook Color
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

blackdroid has joined the party with UD Gingerbread Beta:

http://www.theultimatedroid.com/ulti...blackdroid.zip

slightly less buggy than the first one i posted, but still not ready for prime time.
    Motorola Droid, Viewsonic G-Tablet, Logitech Revue, HTC Thunderbolt, B&N Nook Color

Global Posts
    688 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Wow at this pace, we'll have a fully functioning rom by the end of the year! And from all the comments on other forums, it seems like gingerbread runs like a dream on the D1. Its apparently very quick, with no lag whatsoever. This is a good sign that gingerbread will run perfectly on the D1. Some people thought otherwise bfore the roms started coming out!
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

It seems like every port to each device is still slightly buggy. I wonder which device will receive the first solid ported build. I'd say by next week there will be a good amount almost flawless builds. Maybe we will all have themes by then too. Good luck Droid guys.

This has to be one of the greatest phones ever made. It just keeps going and going and going... and the longer I have it, the more I love it, and the better it gets!

It's going to be incredibly difficult to find a phone that can replace my Droid!

I can't wait to get a solid Gingerbread build on this monster of a phone!
    OG Droid > Moto Droid 3.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Man, what a beast the Droid is. Here we are over a year later and this thing is still getting some love. Long live the Droid!

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks
    nox
    Retired Super Moderator

Global Posts
    1,370 Global Posts

Droid, baby!

Still using this phone 1+ year later.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

Another reason I was upset that the Droid come out 45 days after I got my Storm!
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Man, what a beast the Droid is. Here we are over a year later and this thing is still getting some love. Long live the Droid!

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro
    Most definitely!!
    By far the best phone that I've had thus far!!!
    LuckyGold G3 on spot!

I have this up and running on mine, works GREAT. Gapps works fine, new market, rooted, setcpu to 1ghz and you have a device that is as fast as a droidx..

only bugs I've seen so far is the accelerometer and the backlight kb and touch buttons aren't lit up.. not a huge deal though.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.