GINGERBREAD has been booted on a Droid!!

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
well here it is, the first version of 2.3 out for the D1.

[ROM] Gingerbread for Droid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

as with the galaxy s version, it is pretty buggy and missing functions abound, but if you just want to play around with it, go ahead, but make a backup first!!!

for those of you, like me, who want to wait for a more stable version; take this as a great sign that we will be getting unofficial Gingerbread very soon!

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow at this pace, we'll have a fully functioning rom by the end of the year! And from all the comments on other forums, it seems like gingerbread runs like a dream on the D1. Its apparently very quick, with no lag whatsoever. This is a good sign that gingerbread will run perfectly on the D1. Some people thought otherwise bfore the roms started coming out!

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It seems like every port to each device is still slightly buggy. I wonder which device will receive the first solid ported build. I'd say by next week there will be a good amount almost flawless builds. Maybe we will all have themes by then too. Good luck Droid guys.

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
This has to be one of the greatest phones ever made. It just keeps going and going and going... and the longer I have it, the more I love it, and the better it gets!

It's going to be incredibly difficult to find a phone that can replace my Droid!

I can't wait to get a solid Gingerbread build on this monster of a phone!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Man, what a beast the Droid is. Here we are over a year later and this thing is still getting some love. Long live the Droid!

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have this up and running on mine, works GREAT. Gapps works fine, new market, rooted, setcpu to 1ghz and you have a device that is as fast as a droidx..

only bugs I've seen so far is the accelerometer and the backlight kb and touch buttons aren't lit up.. not a huge deal though.