Battery life - 4 hours??

joeylander

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Droid Turbo yesterday jazzed for the longer battery. Battery started at 46% and was at 9% three hours later after setting up and messing around. Charged it overnight and already seems to be dropping. Went from 100-91 in two hours not being used at all. Battery says it has less than four hours of usage left.

I changed my settings from Gllobal to CDN/LTE what else should I be adjusting out of the box?

camachinist

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Try reading the battery thread which is usually on the first page of the forum most days. It has a lot of information on aspects of battery life.

I've had my Droid Turbo for a little over a week (got it on 10/31) and it appears the battery life is stable to increasing. In my daily life, it simply isn't a factor. Yesterday morning before hitting the job site I charged it to 100% and last night when I got home it was at 81% after a typical day of use. It was down to 78% this morning and is already charged up and ready to go (Sunday is a work day for me when on a job.).

IMO, the reading I did in the battery thread went a long way to assisting in optimizing battery life and still retaining the function that I need in the phone. IMO, work with it and, if it doesn't perform to your needs, return it within the 14 day period and get something else, or another Droid if the battery is underperforming. Good luck!

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm only getting like 10 hours out of battery, how was you phone the first 3 days and when did it start getting better?

Posted via the Android Central App

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Try reading the battery thread which is usually on the first page of the forum most days. It has a lot of information on aspects of battery life.

I've had my Droid Turbo for a little over a week (got it on 10/31) and it appears the battery life is stable to increasing. In my daily life, it simply isn't a factor. Yesterday morning before hitting the job site I charged it to 100% and last night when I got home it was at 81% after a typical day of use. It was down to 78% this morning and is already charged up and ready to go (Sunday is a work day for me when on a job.).

IMO, the reading I did in the battery thread went a long way to assisting in optimizing battery life and still retaining the function that I need in the phone. IMO, work with it and, if it doesn't perform to your needs, return it within the 14 day period and get something else, or another Droid if the battery is underperforming. Good luck!
I agree. In the battery forums there are alot of good questions and answers. I learned alot reading through them.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to have turned a corner today for whatever reason, I've had it a week. I followed SOME of the suggestions in the battery thread BUT I bought the phone for its features so the Moto stuff (probably the biggest offender) is intact. Even if nothing changed, I get up at 6, take the phone off the charger and read the news before I ever get up, go to work where the reception is so bad I can hardly get a text out (so a big drain there). Thankfully for data my work has WiFi. I use my phone often (auto brightness), no games but everything else. I've NEVER had it fall below 14% and on that day I streamed Netflix for hours trying to discharge it.

THe battery is good for a VERY solid day - not two.

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
It took a full 7 days for my phone to appear to turn a corner. The last few days, I'm marveling at the battery. I was disappointed every day before that. Give it a little while, and definitely read the battery thread.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, lithium ion batteries typically need to go through a few charge cycles before they are optimized so to speak to be fully charged. I'll give you a non phone related example. I just bought a Bosch 20 volt lithium ion drill. I had to put in hundreds of screws in a fence in a very remote location for a job I am doing. I charged up both batteries that it came with immediately. My tool pouch holds about 100 screws. The first charge cycle I was able to barely drive all 100 screws on one battery charge. That was for both batteries. By the time I got to the fourth charge cycle, I was driving about 170 screws on a single charge. I think that you need to discharge and recharge a lithium ion battery 4 or 5 times before it reaches its optimal fully charged level.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

itsRasha

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Once my battery broke in I'm amazed at the performance. I wanted to upgrade to the maxx forever because of the battery hype and am loving this phone. Yesterday I woke up at 6am and listened to music while in the shower and on the way to the office, then I had to drive from Indianapolis to Pittsburgh and streamed Netflix over LTE the whole way(I wasn't watching really, okay I was but 70e is straight and easy going don't judge me) then navigated through downtown to find my hotel and a nice place to eat, then watched Django Unchained over hotel WiFi and surfed the web for a little bit. Still had 20% after all that

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Once my battery broke in I'm amazed at the performance. I wanted to upgrade to the maxx forever because of the battery hype and am loving this phone. Yesterday I woke up at 6am and listened to music while in the shower and on the way to the office, then I had to drive from Indianapolis to Pittsburgh and streamed Netflix over LTE the whole way(I wasn't watching really, okay I was but 70e is straight and easy going don't judge me) then navigated through downtown to find my hotel and a nice place to eat, then watched Django Unchained over hotel WiFi and surfed the web for a little bit. Still had 20% after all that

Can you describe your "breaking in" experience, like how battery life changed, how long it took etc.

Posted via the Android Central App