Can't Answer Incoming Calls

Coalase

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
This ones throwing me for a loop :eek:

Turbo has been brilliant aside from one tiny issue that i'm only now realizing...

Upon Receiving an incoming call my phone rings & vibrates - but will not display any alert on the screen (or lock screen) that there is an incoming call. If I unlock the phone as it's ringing the normal home screen is displayed and after a ring or two I receive the below "Mobile Data not available" prompt. Pressing ok results in the phone going back to the homescreen with once again, no further dialog to answer/ignore/mute the call (nothing in the notification bar either). Eventually the call will make it to voicemail as i can't answer it, and i get a prompt missed call notification.

Items i've checked so far:
disabled apps - re-enabled to make sure nothing got zapped that's interfering
Mobile data is enabled under settings

OTA Update was applied & Phone works fine otherwise, solid 4G service in populated area......

Thoughts/ideas?
TIA!

Note the missed call notification icon is displayed from a previous call when i was trouble shooting:
c98SAhO.jpg

Coalase

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion, had phone set to vibrate only originally so can count that possibility out

Edit:

Solved!
Dialer app had "show notifications" box unticked

Not sure how that happened

for anyone experiencing the same issue:
Settings>Apps>All>Dialer - confirm the notification box is checked

was right about to wipe the phone and reset, glad i stumbled across it

Last edited:

CuteEcho

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my turbo. However, the "show notifications" box in the dialer app is checked. I keep trying to figure out what might be causing it, but am not having luck :(

Is there anymore suggestions?

Kathy Scheibel

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I just figured how to answer incoming calls! You have to press down on the handset icon that is moving and slide it over to the green icon to answer! Why don't they have that basic information in the small booklets they gibe you...hmmm.

Michael Schaffer

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my Moto E. Had to go back to my older phone until I get this sorted out. FWIW I notice it's doing the same thing when I power it off, and then turn it back on. It starts ringing but there is no way to answer it.

bhken

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Worked for me as well. (Turbo 2) THANKS. I know how it happened for me........... I generally hate notifications, so I must have unchecked the dialer one while unchecking most other app notifications. :-!

GldfrdEngr

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem and tried all manner of options, resets and the like.
After a while I noticed that my phone was nearly out of memory.
Deleting a load of junk files seems to have fixed it.

Kenyonzki

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't answer calls, could do everything els, eventually went into settings-> apps, In the top right there is 3 vertical dots. tap this and select, reset app preferences. this worked for me

Alifaizan

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Well thx kenyonzki I imitated your suggestion and got it working well. I can see incoming calls as well wide open screen even device is locked thx again

Rakesh Arora1

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I've updated my nexus 5 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1. Today I noticed that the led notification for missed calls doesn' t work... I've already tried to reboot my phone (both normal and safe mode) but the issue still exists...
PS: Please, feel free to tell me if I have to report this bug elsewhere

dreflome

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion, had phone set to vibrate only originally so can count that possibility out

Edit:

Solved!
Dialer app had "show notifications" box unticked

Not sure how that happened

for anyone experiencing the same issue:
Settings>Apps>All>Dialer - confirm the notification box is checked

was right about to wipe the phone and reset, glad i stumbled across it

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This did it for me. Mine started right after I went in and deleted a bunch of apps and disable the ones I couldn't delete and then unchecked notifications on the most of the rest. I knew it was something I did but I couldn't figure out what.
~Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:

Andr3w

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I came across this thread in a Google Search. Had the same issue with my Moto X Pure Edition running 6.0. Though this information got me heading in the right direction, the path hasn't the same as on my phone. Here's what worked for me:
Settings > Apps > Phone > Notifications > Block all option was turned on. Turning the Block all option off fixed my issue.

Two days before I was in a call & pulled the phone away from my head to interface with the phone during the call. I noticed I wasn't on the call screen & started backing out using the left arrow button. As I was mindlessly tapping the back button I caught a glimpse of the screen. I saw that "Block all" was checked but didn't know how I got there or how to get back.

Last edited:

gilgamess3

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
did you solve? I have the same problem...when the phone is in standby, the only way to answer is to press the start button, unlock, then answer...

Last edited: