Location notification becoming annoying.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I still get the notification with both system and Google location on and Assist disabled. Command center also disabled.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I started using the Command Center widget when I realized (unlike its Circles predecessor) it is functional with 3rd party launchers.

I have the annoying notification now with the CC widget, and I had it when I was using a third party widget for a clock, with the CC widget disabled (not simply not in use).

I do use Assist, but only Sleeping.

Hanko

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It's your choice, but I keep my Location setting on battery saving mode and I don't get those notifications anymore.

jimmytheyank

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I think it might be Facebook, because this location notification and Facebook notifications are the only notifications that pop up above my power toggles bar. I turned off location in FB settings, so here's hoping.

Sent from my turbo

silverback

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it might be Facebook, because this location notification and Facebook notifications are the only notifications that pop up above my power toggles bar. I turned off location in FB settings, so here's hoping.

Sent from my turbo
Not Facebook. I don't have it on my phone.

Dan Henry

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone ever determine a viable answer to this question? Silverback?

I have the same issue - to expedite:

Clicking on the notification takes me to location settings. No matter what setting is chosen, the notification persists!
No, there is no app, widget, google-related or otherwise that has changed recently as this notification has bugged me forever.
Yes, I have tried modifying every app, widget, google-related or otherwise by installing, re-installing, uninstalling, disabling and/or force quitting when the option was available.
I have tried numerous task managers to keep the notification suppressed - nothing works.

It wouldn't be so bad if I could at least swipe the notification away so I could see what is next in the list - i.e. if gmail is telling me I have 3 new messages - I cannot see the notification expand until it is at the top of the notification list but to get it there I need to be able to swipe away the "searching location" / "location found" notification.

Can anyone help? I will be posting this in a new thread as well to hopefully breathe some new life into the inquiry.

blouwagie

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I am equally annoyed by this eternally​ repeating "location found" notification that I can't even get rid off.
Google should make it so that any and ALL notifications can be set to "do not show" and can be swiped away. No exceptions.
This is obnoxious software behavior.

Craig Neil

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I am equally annoyed by this eternally​ repeating "location found" notification that I can't even get rid off.
Google should make it so that any and ALL notifications can be set to "do not show" and can be swiped away. No exceptions.
This is obnoxious software behavior.
This is extremely annoying. I have all notifications from Google Maps set to off. I get this notification all the time. Even when I'm not at a place I might be several blocks away from it and Google will suggest that I'm there. I don't want to contribute or provide them with free content.
Has anyone found a solution?

absolvi

Nov 20, 2017
Visit site
This is extremely annoying. I have all notifications from Google Maps set to off. I get this notification all the time. Even when I'm not at a place I might be several blocks away from it and Google will suggest that I'm there. I don't want to contribute or provide them with free content.
Has anyone found a solution?

The only solution I could find was root/xposed. If you'e comfortable with that, I strongly recommend it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comme...ocation_and_location_found/cw6ly15/?context=1

grizzwaldt

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
Both my wife and I have HTC10 phones on Verizon that just recently updated to Android 8 (Oreo). After the update, but wife's phone kept showing the "Location found" notification and playing the default notification sound. It was incredibly annoying because it did this every few minutes or less. Well I performed several different Google searches to find an answer and all of the posts that I found never actually provided a solid answer on how to fix the problem. Well, I'm creating this post to help others because I finally solved the problem!

On my HTC10, this is what I did to fix the problem: Go to Settings -> Sound & notification -> Advanced -> Notifications (at the very bottom).

Then click on the three dots at the top right of your screen to the right of the search icon. Choose "Show system".

Scroll down the list and find "System UI" and select it.

Choose "VZW" in the list and once you get into the VZW notification category for System UI, click on "Importance" and change it to "Medium: No sound". This will turn off the notification sound that plays when your phone is finding location.

You can also turn off the notification icon that shows up at the top of your screen by turning off the "Allow icon badge". I actually just left this turned on and now when an app requests a location update, I see the icon pop up at the top of my screen, but I don't hear that annoying sound.

I hope this helps all of the other people on the numerous other posts I found about this topic that never received a solid answer on how to solve the problem.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Both my wife and I have HTC10 phones on Verizon that just recently updated to Android 8 (Oreo). After the update, but wife's phone kept showing the "Location found" notification and playing the default notification sound. It was incredibly annoying because it did this every few minutes or less. Well I performed several different Google searches to find an answer and all of the posts that I found never actually provided a solid answer on how to fix the problem. Well, I'm creating this post to help others because I finally solved the problem!

On my HTC10, this is what I did to fix the problem: Go to Settings -> Sound & notification -> Advanced -> Notifications (at the very bottom).

Then click on the three dots at the top right of your screen to the right of the search icon. Choose "Show system".

Scroll down the list and find "System UI" and select it.

Choose "VZW" in the list and once you get into the VZW notification category for System UI, click on "Importance" and change it to "Medium: No sound". This will turn off the notification sound that plays when your phone is finding location.

You can also turn off the notification icon that shows up at the top of your screen by turning off the "Allow icon badge". I actually just left this turned on and now when an app requests a location update, I see the icon pop up at the top of my screen, but I don't hear that annoying sound.

I hope this helps all of the other people on the numerous other posts I found about this topic that never received a solid answer on how to solve the problem.

Much thanks for this. My HTC10 just got the Oreo update and this location notification was indeed annoying. Your fix worked like a charm. I ended up switching the location setting to battery saver anyway, but if i ever have to go back to high accuracy, at least I won't get that annoying alarm every 30 seconds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89