Disabling Data: Reenabling Prompt Not to See Notification

Splat_NJ

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Hello. On my A54 I accidentally clicked on the prompt to NOT show a notification anymore when disabling data from the top pulldown menu. I wouuld like to reenable that notification . I've been through every setting on the phone and cannot find any way to reenable that notification when disabling data. I've searched the Web and all I find are how to get rid of that notification that I want back/enabled. Is there a way to do this? Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can try going to the Settings>Apps menu, tapping the 3-dot menu button at the upper right, then Reset App Preferences. This is a global thing, though, so it will affect all apps, not just the system notification.

Reactions: mustang7757

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How long ago did you disable the mobile data? Maybe one of the recent updates got rid of the notification. @mustang7757, do you still get a notification if you turn off mobile data on your Samsung phone? I can't test on my A32 5G since it doesn't have a SIM.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But I did it from quick settings toggle if you long press Data toggle it will take you to it's settings and if you turn off there it pops up
2ecd4d5276a69eb0181fc0b8aa3ab190.jpg

Reactions: B. Diddy

Splat_NJ

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Tried the long press on the data icon and it does bring me there but no prompt. I'm going to do a reset and see what happens. I think the Android programmers never thought someone'd want the prompt back, so there's no re-enable option for it. I honestly think that. Thanks.

Splat_NJ

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
OK. The total phone reset brought the prompt back. It's a huge shame you have to do that just to get a prompt back. I got this phone last week so I didn't have anything but contacts on it yet. The real MAJOR PITA is now having to reconfigure everything the way I want it. After I get done methinks I'll make a clone copy for the future, as I've done with all my phones over the years. Thanks guys. BTW, if anyone happens to find out a way to get the prompt back without doing a total phone reset I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK. The total phone reset brought the prompt back. It's a huge shame you have to do that just to get a prompt back. I got this phone last week so I didn't have anything but contacts on it yet. The real MAJOR PITA is now having to reconfigure everything the way I want it. After I get done methinks I'll make a clone copy for the future, as I've done with all my phones over the years. Thanks guys. BTW, if anyone happens to find out a way to get the prompt back without doing a total phone reset I'd love to hear about it. Thanks.
Sorry you end up. Doing factory reset but resetting app preference should of worked, I think something was hanging up and required a factory reset

Reactions: J Dubbs

Splat_NJ

Dec 25, 2019
Visit site
Sorry you end up. Doing factory reset but resetting app preference should of worked, I think something was hanging up and required a factory reset

I've since heard back from a buddy who's also running 13. He turned off that data disable warning prompt a long time ago. He tried resetting app prefs and it didn't bring back the prompt for him either. So I don't know what to say but now that's me and him having the same results. So now my phone is set up my way again. Hopefully I won't disable that warning again!

Reactions: methodman89

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've since heard back from a buddy who's also running 13. He turned off that data disable warning prompt a long time ago. He tried resetting app prefs and it didn't bring back the prompt for him either. So I don't know what to say but now that's me and him having the same results. So now my phone is set up my way again. Hopefully I won't disable that warning again!
Was it the same warning I posted with my screenshot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174