VZW sticker logo

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It appears to be just embossed lettering. I rubbed/scraped the verizon logo off. You can probably use a mild solvent. Looks good without the logos.

It is actually a sticker. Put a few drops of rubbing alcohol on a paper towel, hold the towel against the sticker for about 30 seconds and the logo will peel right off. The alcohol eats the sticker's adhesive. And I agree, looks much more sharp sans logo... especially if you are using a clear/naked case.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Sorry. I started this thread noting the Ballistic Nylon as my particular culprit. On the BN, it is just a sticker.
I recently had a black MFG for a short time (insurance sent me the wrong replacement) and I did note that the VZW logo is indeed baked on/embossed on those versions. I have read on other forums of people sanding it off with varying degrees of success. Props to you if you were able to remove it leaving little to no evidence behind.

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Gotta admit, I wanted to check mine and took off my case for the first time in months.

No logo, and on top of that sort of fell back in love with the phone without a case.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not all dealerships remove their brandings/emblems/logos themselves. I purchased a $42k Ram truck recently and I had to spend some time removing their license plate frames and, using a heat gun and a lot of patience, removed their glued on emblem from the tailgate.

For me, the two are the same. Whether I am buying a $600 phone or a $42k truck.. I am buying it. Period. By definition that makes it mine (and the bank's in the case of the Ram, lol). I am not paying bookoo bucks to flaunt their logos around for them. As mentioned, I have removed the dealer's stuff from my truck, and I have been considering removing certain Ram badges as well (referred to as de-badging, for those who are unaware) since the 'Ram 1500' on both front doors take up nearly 70% of the real estate on the doors. I'm not a Nascar driver, I don't plaster my truck with brand stickers or emblems. Now, if those companies decided to donate parts/items to me for use on my truck, then I would probably reconsider it. (I certainly wouldn't turn down a S&B CAI if one were offered to me!) But until then.. no stickers.

Same goes for my VZW phone. The sticker logo is admittedly tiny in comparison to other VZW phones I have had in the past. And, bonus, it is removable. If I wasn't so taken by the appearance of the ballistic nylon backing, I would have simply slapped another Seidio case on it and called it done. However, I am one who is loving the clear case idea in order to put the appealing BN on display. Therefore, the VZW logo - at least on this phone - had to go.

Bottom line: If I want to parade around displaying logos, I'll buy a $30 hoodie sweatshirt with 'Salt Lake City' or 'Ram Trucks' or -insert brand name here- on the front and call it a day. Or I'll pay out $12 for a clear/naked phone case with 'PureGear' plastered on the back. I do not care to pay out hundreds, or thousands, of dollars for most anything that forces me to be a walking, talking billboard when I do not want to be one. I prefer the option.

Not to go off topic here, but dealer logos aren't applied to cars until they are sold (in case the car is traded with another dealer at some point). So, simple solution is when buying a car tell them you do not want any of their advertising on the car.
I did as much when I purchased my car years ago. However, they still put a sticky logo on. I complained to the sales person, and got 3 free oil changes from them. Sure enough, I removed the add with a blow dryer as soon as I got home.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Not to go off topic here, but dealer logos aren't applied to cars until they are sold (in case the car is traded with another dealer at some point). So, simple solution is when buying a car tell them you do not want any of their advertising on the car.
I did as much when I purchased my car years ago. However, they still put a sticky logo on. I complained to the sales person, and got 3 free oil changes from them. Sure enough, I removed the add with a blow dryer as soon as I got home.

Not true, I've seen plenty of dealers where the logo is applied when they place it in their inventory.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Could be. I haven't bought a new car in 10 years, but back then none had dealer info on the cars on the lot.
Regardless, you can add it as a stipulation in the sales agreement to have the ads removed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa