VZW sticker logo

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Those who got a Turbo BN in the first few weeks of availability do not have the tacky VZW logo, I am not as lucky. It seems VZW caught on and have since added it.

My 32GB ballistic nylon Turbo has the VZW sticker logo on the back, directly above the metal Droid logo.
Since it is just a sticker, how can I remove it without damaging the nylon?

It looks tacky as heck. Especially now that I have my Turbo in the clear PureGear case.
Would LOVE to know how to go about getting it off.

IMG_1065.jpg

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I actually believe that's normal. Unless I'm mistaken the only one without branding was the 64GB Nylon.

Actually, some of the very first 32GB Turbos sold didn't have the branding logo. The rep who upgraded my husband's phone last week had one and I had instant jealousy kick in lol
If no one has attempted to remove it, I suppose I'll try a few methods myself and report back. Just need to figure out those methods first!
There are replacement battery covers available so if I happen to fail or mess the nylon up, replacing it won't be too difficult or expensive. In fact, if I do jack it up, I think I'll change my cover to the blue one. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually, some of the very first 32GB Turbos sold didn't have the branding logo. The rep who upgraded my husband's phone last week had one and I had instant jealousy kick in lol
If no one has attempted to remove it, I suppose I'll try a few methods myself and report back. Just need to figure out those methods first!
There are replacement battery covers available so if I happen to fail or mess the nylon up, replacing it won't be too difficult or expensive. In fact, if I do jack it up, I think I'll change my cover to the blue one. :)

Didn't know that. :)

Replacing the battery cover will void the warranty though so be aware of that.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
So. Apparently persistence has paid off for me, yet again!
Grab a paper towel, add a little rubbing alcohol, hold said paper towel against the VZW logo sticker for a few seconds, then lightly pick at the sticker with a fingernail (being mindful of not destroying the nylon) and wa-lah! No longer am I a walking, unpaid VZW advertisment! :cool:

IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg
IMG_1078.jpg

Looking at these before and after shots, I cannot express how much more pleased I am.
My clear PureGear case now showcases the ballistic nylon without the VZW logo looking completely out of place!
IMG_1065.jpgIMG_1080.jpg

Last edited:

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Didn't know that. :)

Replacing the battery cover will void the warranty though so be aware of that.

And I didn't know *that*. Suppose you end up in a situation where you need to replace the back cover.. would it not void the warranty if you had a qualified technician perform the swap? Hoping I never am in that situation, but you never know. And I don't think I'd be comfortable prying my phone apart on my own anyway. LOL

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks like they added the crappy sticker instead of changing the design. Honestly, the lack of VZW branding was icing on the cake with getting the 64gb.

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, nothing but a sticker. The rubbing alcohol easily absorbed the adhesive though, making removal flawless. No damage to the nylon whatsoever.
Being able to remove this is the icing on the cake for me. :D

I'd like to make a new thread about this. I'm sure I can't be the only person who wanted to do this...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And I didn't know *that*. Suppose you end up in a situation where you need to replace the back cover.. would it not void the warranty if you had a qualified technician perform the swap? Hoping I never am in that situation, but you never know. And I don't think I'd be comfortable prying my phone apart on my own anyway. LOL

I can't see any reason you would need to replace the back cover. Its a non removable cover like the HTC One and other phones that never have issues.

The only one who could do it for you would be service setup by Motorola. Otherwise the warranty would be void. However, in saying that, your warranty would most likely be over anyways by that time.

All you need to do now is find a way to remove that PureGear logo from the case. Ruins the look so much :(

gort999

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The blue 32 Gig Droid Turbo from Best Buy does not have a Verizon logo on the back. Just says Verizon in boot up animation.

Posted via the Android Central App

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So. Apparently persistence has paid of for me, yet again!
Grab a paper towel, add a little rubbing alcohol, hold said paper towel against the VZW logo sticker for a few seconds, then lightly pick at the sticker with a fingernail (being mindful of not destroying the nylon) and wa-lah! No longer am I a walking, unpaid VZW advertisment! :cool:

View attachment 162746
View attachment 162747
View attachment 162748

Looking at these before and after shots, I cannot express how much more pleased I am.
My clear PureGear case now showcases the ballistic nylon without the VZW logo looking completely out of place!
View attachment 162751View attachment 162749
Looks good. Nice work there

Now what about that puregear logo? Hope you can get that one off as well.

928SC

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The rubbing alcohol easily absorbed the adhesive though, making removal flawless. No damage to the nylon whatsoever.

This worked as KA1OTE describes, but one word of caution:

After removing the sticker do not put your phone back into the case. Let the back of the case air dry for 5-10 min otherwise it may damage your case. I put my phone on a wood table (screen up) after removing the sticker. The fumes started to turn the finish on the table a hazy white color. If I would have put it back in the clear case I'm sure it would have done the same to the clear case.

Mark

Theonlynorm

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Or... If you go to BestBuy and get the blue nylon version it doesn't have the verizon branding... I did however have to remove my OtterBox case to determine this :p

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
This worked as KA1OTE describes, but one word of caution:

After removing the sticker do not put your phone back into the case. Let the back of the case air dry for 5-10 min otherwise it may damage your case. I put my phone on a wood table (screen up) after removing the sticker. The fumes started to turn the finish on the table a hazy white color. If I would have put it back in the clear case I'm sure it would have done the same to the clear case.

Mark

I put my Turbo back in its case when I was done so I could take the comparison pictures. I didn't give extra time specifically for air drying, though it makes sense. I checked my case this morning and I don't have any discoloration. So I'm thinking that either it had enough time to dry out during my pictures or the PureGear case has enough ventilation to have not allowed any remaining fumes to build up. Either way, common sense leads me to believe that your suggestion of waiting would behoove those who try this. Thanks for chiming in and I'm glad my method helped at least one other person! I just knew I couldn't be the only one who wanted that logo to be gone! :)

KA1OTE

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
But you have no problem being an unpaid Puregear advertiser?:)

When I bought the PureGear case, I knew what I was getting given the pictures. So, no. No problem with that though the comments are leading me to wonder how I might remove it. The wheels are turning on that project.. and if I do mess it up, it's only $12 for a replacement. Thinking this might be a good weekend project. I'll report back if/when I attempt this. :)

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Weird. I was lucky. I got the 64gb bn with no logo. I bought mine then day it came out. Yay. Good solution though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs