website refresh every time a browser is brought up

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that when using a web browser and most web browsers at that, they seem to refresh the screen when I don't look at the browser for a while.

I'd assume that this is not DX specific but that's the phone I'm using. Why is that, and can that be changed? One tab, eh, maybe not a big deal but annoying when you come back to look at something, then it refreshes and disappears for a while as it's coming back in. When you have a few tabs going, they're all grabbing at a refresh, takes a bit.

dcusick1

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely can not stand this "feature." I actually use my phone a lot while cooking, to follow along recipes and such.. I need to check out what to do next, so I unlock my phone, and bam, I have to wait for the page to refresh before I can check it out. The only solution I have been able to come up with, is to get a screen timeout widget. And when I'm using it for something like this, I just set the timeout to like 5 minutes. That way, there are no refreshes, as long as I use the phone within a 5 minute time-frame.

I have noticed that my Xoom doesn't do this at all. When you wake up the tablet and go to the browser, the page is sitting there just like it was, no reloads..

Maybe it's how GB works? I mean, both my devices are Motorola, only difference is GB vs. Honeycomb..

grnsl2

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to understand why it does it or how to prevent it. I can understand current data on some sites like news or whatever but I would think it should be a choice.

Evo10

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was only me haha. It does get really annoying when I have 3 or 4 tabs out and they all refresh. Pretty stupid feature

jamesd553

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed it started about 2 or 3 months ago. It is really annoying if you call from a web page and then try to go back to the web page while still on the call.... You guessed it. It wont refresh because you are on a call. So trying to order from a restaurant using their online menu becomes impossible unless you write your order down first before calling.

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I always thought it had to do with the memory. Same thing happens when you go out of browser and then back in depending on what you did in between. Thinking android lets page expire then has to refresh? Maybe someone else knows more.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that it is just an android issue. My brother has the same problem on his ipad.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.