Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

Default [OFFICIAL] GB Bugfix Update (4.5.602) now available

update 4.5.602 is now available to download. this is the eagerly anticipated bugfix update. and yes, before anyone asks, you will almost certainly lose root if you update

and hey, while youre here, post some impressions if youve gotten to download and mess around with it some
    Last edited by terpitude71; 08-15-2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

I fixed my bugs months ago with cyanogen :-)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    terpitude71 likes this.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Re: GB bugfix update dropping tonight (supposedly)

Nada, will try again in just a few minutes.

**EDIT** Downloading NOW. I hope this is all positive... 4.5.602 is the version number, says it will take up to 7 minutes, rebooting now unpacking etc...

All finished now, confirmed 602 but can't ShootMe screen shot to prove it. hmm, I think that's a root confirmation now gone?

Don't know what's officially supposed to be fixed/work but my camera settings still aren't sticking yet and those darn bright buttons!! sigh...
    Last edited by grnsl2; 08-15-2011 at 11:43 PM.
    Thanked by:

I'm downloading as we speak!

Just finishing the install right now. Crossing fingers.

Not exactly sure what got fixed here...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKPJBM1 | JameBond 3.4.6

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] GB Bugfix Update (4.5.602) now available

Installed, but decided to do a factory reset just to be on the safe side. Oh and it just finished. Will report the good and the bad with this update in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    Installed, but decided to do a factory reset just to be on the safe side. Oh and it just finished. Will report the good and the bad with this update in a bit
    Is a factory reset really necessary??

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by rsxtcy4me View Post
    Is a factory reset really necessary??

No not at all, but personally this is something I've done since my Blackberry days. I feel it helps the phone give it a clean slate and from there I can see what problems the phone has without wondering if it's because I didn't do a full wipe. Many people hate doing this because they lose everything and have to set up their phones all over. I don't mind doing that, but programs like appbrain help re-install pretty much all your apps (even though I don't use it myself)

My problem with Google Sky Maps (east/west being reversed) looks like it might be fixed. Need at least 24 hours before I know if the daily drop of 3G is fixed. Setting some junk calendar appointments to see if the calendar alarms are working again.

No not at all, but personally this is something I've done since my Blackberry days. I feel it helps the phone give it a clean slate and from there I can see what problems the phone has without wondering if it's because I didn't do a full wipe. Many people hate doing this because they lose everything and have to set up their phones all over. I don't mind doing that, but programs like appbrain help re-install pretty much all your apps (even though I don't use it myself)
    Smart, i did the same with my storm and bolds.. But meh.. Anyone actually know what the hell this update was actually supposed to fix. Verizons documentation looked like the stuff from the last update. So no help there I guess...

The hardware button lights seem to be fixed on mine. They turn off in the dark now at least.

Edit: now the test of time to see if the freeze ups and restarts quit.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Last edited by Simonbarsinistr; 08-16-2011 at 12:17 AM.

If anyone had the wifi dropping issue, can you verify that it has been fixed?

snppr22 likes this.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM

Smart, i did the same with my storm and bolds.. But meh.. Anyone actually know what the hell this update was actually supposed to fix. Verizons documentation looked like the stuff from the last update. So no help there I guess...

I had heard it does have a new radio. And then fixes for all the screw ups from the initial GB update. Only time will tell though if it fixed them or created new headaches

I had heard it does have a new radio. And then fixes for all the screw ups from the initial GB update. Only time will tell though if it fixed them or created new headaches
    The new radio is good, and I can kinda tell, but what screw ups exactly??

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    ROM

The new radio is good, and I can kinda tell, but what screw ups exactly??

The GPS would show the wrong direction as well as take a long time to lock on to your position when navigating. The stock camera wouldn't stay at 8mp, it would always switch back to Widescreen (which looks like at the moment still hasn't been fixed with this update). Now I never saw random restarts, but others have. Hopefully that is fixed. Their are many other issue, but I don't remember what else at this moment.
    snppr22 likes this.

The GPS would show the wrong direction as well as take a long time to lock on to your position when navigating. The stock camera wouldn't stay at 8mp, it would always switch back to Widescreen (which looks like at the moment still hasn't been fixed with this update). Now I never saw random restarts, but others have. Hopefully that is fixed. Their are many other issue, but I don't remember what else at this moment.
    Decided that I would go ahead and give the factory reset a try as well. What could it hurt, plus it would clear up an issue with the dialer that I was having as well.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

After the update and cache wipe:

Camera resolution setting is still not sticking after a reboot.
    Blur seems snappier and more responsive, but not sure if this is just the result of a reboot. Time will tell.
    Last edited by SgtTurtle; 08-16-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Verizon Razr Maxx

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Led notification lights still not working. Phone does seem quicker.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Just did the update myself. Surprised that the AC home page hasn't noted that there is a Gingerbread update for the DX available. Is that because it is now considered "old"? It's an OG DX?

I DO wish they'd supplied a list of fixes with the update though.

Scott
    Mine: Misc Flips -> LG Env -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> DroidX -> Droid Bionic!
    Wife: Misc Flips -> BB 8330 -> BB 9530 (S1) -> BB 9550 (S2) -> Droid X!
    Kids: Samsung Fascinate (2) --- Family: Rooted Nook Color (2)
    Ya just gotta LOVE how Android lets you customize your devices how YOU want them!

ROM
    ArcticHD

Loaded this up yesterday afternoon, everything seems to be pretty good right now. Radio seems to be a good bit better than with .596, only time will tell now if the reboots and 3g service going away gets taken care off. No reboots yet.......

I had one over night reboot. Not a good sign.

Sent from my DROIDX

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Three pages and nothing concrete. LOL. I'm downloading it now, too. Hopefully this takes care of how my phone decides to reset when I'm on the phone with a BT headset, and I set it in the cradle. It's happened twice in a row and it kills the conversation when you can't tell them why you "hung up" for several minutes.

anyone know if anyone has a zip file of this update so i can keep root?
    snppr22 likes this.

The fact that the camera issue still isn't fixed means I am staying on Froyo and not upgrading back to Gingerbread. I use the camera all the time, and it's a pain in the *** to have to switch it when I want to take a quick shot.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast