SD card, CPU & batteries Or,This Is Why I Like Status Indicators

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Sunday, my battery went from 100 percent to 30 in the space of about four hours. While this was happening, I noticed a few other things: The phone was very sluggish to open anything or change "pages", apps I was trying to use would Force Close, and iSyncr's "media scanner is running" icon was constantly showing in my notification panel.

Hmmm...

I plugged into a charger and unmounted the card. Got the battery back up to ~70% and unplugged it, and the power drain was gone. Remounted, and the drain was back.

Something obviously went wonky with the card. I was able to copy the data onto a spare. Eventually, I'll put the card back in the phone, format it and copy the stuff back. Or just replace it, since I just realized it's the second time that brand card has gone bad on me and I've only had two from that brand...

Additionally, and I don't know if this is a coincidence, another symptom or the cause, but overnight into Sunday morning, I was attempting to use iSyncr WiFi to update the music on the card. When I got up Sunday morning, I noticed that my WiFi and cellular meters were white instead of blue, and their respective power levels were reversed from normal - normally when I have WiFi on it's at full signal and my cellular indicator is almost empty, this time cellular was full and WiFi was down to just the dot, I had no data connectivity to anything, and iSyncr WiFi said it had failed due to a dropped network connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo