SD card corruption... again

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Now I'm pissed. My MicroSD is again showing signs of corruption, the second time in the space of 7 days, and the third time in less than two months. WTF is going on?

My DX is running stock GB .621, rooted. Root was done with the highly recommended OneClick Root method over a Droid Life while still at .602 and kept with Voodoo OTA RootKeeper. The card is a SanDisk 32GB class 4 microSD and I've never, ever had a problem with a SanDisk card before this.

The signs I noted is that all of a sudden, after updating the music on the card via iSyncr, the media scanner stays on, the device becomes extremely sluggish and otherwise solid apps start crashing like a demolition derby. This time, I was unable to answer a phone call because while the phone started vibrating and I got the call notice in the notification bar, the phone did not actually ring and the call answer/ignore buttons failed to show until the call was missed. This last music update changed some of the music for the first time after the total amount of music on the card exceeded 16GB (I had been slowly building the amount of music back up over the course of the week).

I'm reverting back to my SanDisk 16GB card, but I WANT to use the 32GB card, but I need to know what is going on and how to fix it. I had the same problem once with a 32GB Kingston card last Summer, which at the time I chalked up to the fact that it was a Kingston card and I've had one of their full-size SDHC cards go bad on me before in my camera.

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
From bad to worse. After copying my data (minus the music) from the 32GB card to the 16GB card and letting iSyncr run overnight to put about 8.5GB music onto the card, I woke up to a DX that won't. My email notification LED was blinking. I did a battery pull and it rebooted. Opened up Dolphin Browser to check the weather report, and the entire thing locked up. Pulled the battery, pulled the card, put the battery back and booted, checked the weather report and it worked fine. I put the card back, and immediately reformatted it within the phone, and when done got an error that there is no card mounted... A second reformat, and no repeat of the error. I need help diagnosing this problem.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like u have a rogue app. Your not installing apps 2 sd. Or using a task killer are u?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

gordol

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like u have a rogue app. Your not installing apps 2 sd. Or using a task killer are u?

I'm not intentionally installing to the card, though some apps previously installed self-went to the card, but I think we can probably think of those as safe because they were on long before the problem started. Other apps that I recently installed that access the card are Splash ID, Splash Shopper, ProCapture (a camera app), Cheetah Sync (not yet actually used) and ES File Manager. Recently updated apps that access the card include Vignette, Camera Zoom, iSyncr and iSyncr WiFi.

The only ones who's use in any way could be coincidental to the problems are ES File Manager and ProCapture, but they were installed after the first bout of card corruption.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OllieFallon10