Will it be this hard to buy two Droid X's from Verizon.com on the 15th?

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm still debating on whether I should buy online or get in line at a Verizon store, but in the meantime I've been practicing a few dry runs over on the online store.

My plan is to upgrade my current phone (BB Curve, yuck :p) to a Droid X, and then switch my line into a family plan and buy another Droid X for my sister.

So from what I'm seeing from my practice runs: I have to take care of my own upgrade first and buy the phone, and then double back and then upgrade to a family line, and then select/configure my sister's Droid X and finally buy that one too? If so, I'm afraid taking that much time will only be able to nab me only one Droid X before it's sold out.

I guess it's easier then to go to a store, pick up two, activate/set their plans up online, and just deal with the raised prices (no instant $200 total on them :() later?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and answers! :)

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
It is really hard to say. The store near me has told me they will have plenty. And I explained I would be going on vacation on the 13th and not back until the 18th. He even said that should not be a problem me getting a phone on the 19th. But we will see. He has my number and is scheduled to call me at 1pm release day and give me an update. If not I will be calling him about 1:30 maybe sooner. All I know is I have nitemares about this phone being like the incredible and backordered by end of day 1 and not seen for another 2 months. But I also know Moto is not HTC and they also will not have the screen shortage probelm that plagued the Incredible.

Cuz97

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I'm still debating on whether I should buy online or get in line at a Verizon store, but in the meantime I've been practicing a few dry runs over on the online store.

My plan is to upgrade my current phone (BB Curve, yuck :p) to a Droid X, and then switch my line into a family plan and buy another Droid X for my sister.

So from what I'm seeing from my practice runs: I have to take care of my own upgrade first and buy the phone, and then double back and then upgrade to a family line, and then select/configure my sister's Droid X and finally buy that one too? If so, I'm afraid taking that much time will only be able to nab me only one Droid X before it's sold out.

I guess it's easier then to go to a store, pick up two, activate/set their plans up online, and just deal with the raised prices (no instant $200 total on them :() later?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and answers! :)

Does your sister have a line already and are you trying to merge accounts? Or add a whole new line?

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It is really hard to say. The store near me has told me they will have plenty. And I explained I would be going on vacation on the 13th and not back until the 18th. He even said that should not be a problem me getting a phone on the 19th. But we will see. He has my number and is scheduled to call me at 1pm release day and give me an update. If not I will be calling him about 1:30 maybe sooner. All I know is I have nitemares about this phone being like the incredible and backordered by end of day 1 and not seen for another 2 months. But I also know Moto is not HTC and they also will not have the screen shortage probelm that plagued the Incredible.

I think worst case scenario, order one online on launch day and then if it really gets back ordered that quickly you should get it in a week or two. Even with the incredible that was the case in the very beginning.

Cuz97

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
At Droid X/verizon kick off last week they said "Don't worry. They will have enuff at launch." I've heard that lots of times but hopefully they pull through this time

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
changing to a family plan is no big deal.

merging and upgrading can be more difficult. I had to go through that one last year when I merged my wife into my family share plan....and we were doing a phone upgrade for my wife while also dropping an existing (out of contract) line that I no longer used.....and moving an older phone over to a different line in the account. Needless to say, it wasn't a job for the average salesperson at VZW. They brought over the manager and he got it figured out and everything was flawless. Basically, we walked next door and got a couple cups of Starbucks whiel they sorted out my lines.

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
i just went by my local vzw store, and the guy told me they expecting an iPhone launch day type of crowd. they've had several inquiries on the device and he mentioned most people he's talked to dont even care what's on the device, they just want it cuz its a new phone and not the iPhone.

so, i wont be waiting inline for this, I'll just order online when the clock stike's midnight and hopefully will recieve the next day.

The Mad Mule

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Bleh, finally got to talk to a real human on Verizon's *611, and she confirmed that the online Verizon store won't be able to juggle such a request. Looks like I'm dragging most of my family to a Verizon store at 7:30 in the morning. :confused:

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
i just went by my local vzw store, and the guy told me they expecting an iPhone launch day type of crowd. they've had several inquiries on the device and he mentioned most people he's talked to dont even care what's on the device, they just want it cuz its a new phone and not the iPhone.

so, i wont be waiting inline for this, I'll just order online when the clock stike's midnight and hopefully will recieve the next day.

As cool as I think this phone will be there will not be an iPhone launch crowd. Just not happening. You should be able to walk into your local store with no issues and get one on day one.

paulinbna

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

I would like to know if any one really knows that it will ship on the 15th or will it ship on the 16th, receiving it on Monday. I would love to have it for the weekend to play with.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I would like to know if any one really knows that it will ship on the 15th or will it ship on the 16th, receiving it on Monday. I would love to have it for the weekend to play with.

I would say it will ship on the 16th. Just because most places like that have their shipments setup the day before. But you could get lucky and get it on a late pickup.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you place you order before 3pm it will ship the same day. So order early enough on the 15th and you'll have it on the 16th.